MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/22/2012 05:35 PM

I got approved for SSD and still have no idea what

MsRoxy

I got approved by the judge on the 12th and still haven't received my award letter, My attorney hasn't told me anything of what to do next even though I've bugged him over and over about it.

I think once he did his job, I no longer get help from him.

My hardest thing right now is I have no idea what I'm getting. I do know that I was told that he moved the date of my disability from 3 years ago up to November 2011. I hate it when they can do that.

I don't know where to go for answers and I found this forum and have been reading since I got approved.

I don't even know if I am getting Medicaid or when. I assume I don't get Medicare till next year.

I'm going through a divorce and need insurance asap.

I need help and hope somebody can open some insight for me.

When it comes to this stuff, I'm totally blind of it.

As soon as the divorce is final,I will no longer have insurance and also need to find an apartment to live. I can't even think about not having insurance. I can't go without my medicine and doctors.

If anybody can help, I would be so grateful.

Roxy

07/22/2012 07:36 PM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 3050
Group Leader

It took me 5 weeks to get the judges decision in the mail. When you get your award letter it will tell you how much you will get monthly and the back pay amount..

07/22/2012 08:44 PM
MsRoxy

I'm just tired of not having any income coming in. My long term stopped 3 months ago. I don't know what I'm going to do about health insurance. I'm in bad shape physically and need my doctors and can't stop my medicine.

I did call SSA locally and they just said that all they could tell is that my claim is in the payment processing or something like that. She also told me that she can't see anything else beyond that once it gets there.

Here I am 50 yrs old and mooching off my parents till I get my money.

07/23/2012 03:16 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I understand about having the judge change the onset date. That happened to me. I'm sure you were thinking like I was though- At least I got approved!

Sorry you've not received your award letter yet. Lots of people receive their money, before even getting a letter.

Happy for you that you're approved! Smile

07/23/2012 05:47 PM
MsRoxy

Thank you. That is a relief.

It seems like I can't do anything till I get that award letter. Can I go for getting state help before I get the letter?

I live in Illinois and know nothing about this stuff and like I said as far as my attorney goes, he's moved on.

I need to find an apartment asap, cause it's going to get ugly around here real soon. My hubby should be receiving the papers from my divorce attorney here in the next couple of days.

Without having a dime to my name ATM, I can't do anything. My folks fronted me the money for that too.

Heck, I'll be broke before I get my backpay. LOL After paying back everybody. My folks didn't give me any cash to go on at all. They have been writing the checks out to whomever it goes to. I'm 50 yrs old and feel like a kid again. Very embarrassing.

07/24/2012 07:02 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

It takes a couple weeks from the time the judge makes the decision to you get the info and by that time you will have the money in your account.

07/24/2012 08:31 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 3050
Group Leader

If SS said your claim is at the payment center then your money is coming soon. Are you set up with direct deposit? If so check your bank account daily,you'll probably see the money before the actual letter.If you are not setup for direct deposit call SS ASAP and get that setup!!!

07/24/2012 02:42 PM
MsRoxy

I hope this is a good sign. I did call the SSA office locally and I did get someone who actually took it upon herself to dig deeper and check to see whats going on.

She said that the letter was sent out yesterday and the case just closed at that time. So my letter is on it's way.

As far as the back pay and stuff, she couldn't tell anything since it just now got closed.

I was going to sign up for Direct Express, but she said that in this time frame, it would be best to wait till I received the letter before I go changing things.

So where I stand ATM is I could either get a paper check or put into my bank. Since this was all done through my company when I was on LTD, they may have given my bank account or maybe they didn't.

I sure would feel better when I get the letter and the money. I am having the bank where I got the loan for my car to give me some time to get the back pay.

They said they would give me till the 29th and if nothing has changed, it is my responsibility to get hold of them for an update. I'll need to make 2 payments to catch up. That's fine with me. I don't want to be behind a month after this is over. Hopefully I can put some extra down to make it less painful. I am thinking of doing a refinance with them to make my payments lower.

I had no choice on getting the car. Since I'm in the process of the divorce and all.

As far as that goes, my lawyer for that hasn't called today, so that means she didn't get the divorce papers sent over to his lawyer yet.

He is the one who served the papers on me and right when I have no income coming in. Luckily for me, I have great parents to help out at this time. I can't get an apartment yet till I know whats going on with my SSD and what help I can get. It's gonna be hell when he gets those papers.

Wish me luck!!

Roxy

07/25/2012 12:37 PM
Bikernurse
Bikernurse  

Miss Roxy,

It seems like you and I are in the same situation. I called today and was told " I got a favorable decision " but I really don't know what that means , other then I will get some money at some point , hopefully , before we have to file for bankruptcy. I was told the decision was made on July 20th and am waiting for the letter. Still not sure how much or when I will get any money. I haven't had any money of my own since December 2009. I am wishing you luck and keeping you in my prayers. Let's keep each other updated. Let me know if I can do anything for you

Helen

07/26/2012 04:37 PM
MsRoxy

Well, still haven't received anything yet. Hoping I will get it tomorrow. Seems like the majority of members here have received theirs on a Friday. I remember reading back some time ago when someone posted about that.

I'm going to cross my finger, cause I'm so tired of being broke and need to get those bills paid before I lose everything. That would really tick me off if that happens with just a little bit of time left to go.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved