MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2012 01:36 PM

Does long wait mean your denied(page 2)

JaynieBeth
JaynieBeth  

Did you say you were in Georgia? I had my ALJ hearing in Atlanta the day before Good Friday. I received notification of a partially favorable decision in exactly 60 days. The VE also said there were jobs I could do, but admitted there were none I could do while taking my meds. The only thing the ALJ disagreed with was onset of disability. I said it was 2005, and he ordered that it was actually 2007. No big deal to me. Disabled is disabled.

I have rheumatoid autoimmune disorder, a spinal injury (with a failed lumbar spinal fusion), two knee replacements, degenerative disk disease, and chronic pain from the broken spinal hardware. I thought this would be hands-down considered a disability, but apparently only the autoimmune disorder qualifies.

Hope you have a favorable decision!

06/16/2012 08:09 PM
holyroller

Thank you rcontee3893, I guess the waiting part is the hardest! I really dont know what to make out of the judge saying he want count my cahiering wages but will consider my Nursing wages!!! I will keep you in my prayers as well thank u again!

06/16/2012 09:01 PM
holyroller

@ Jayniebeth, yes im in GA, the Alj was out of Savannah, Ga and I was in brunswick, Ga I have Severe depression, Anxiety/Panic attacks, insomnia, sleep apnea, and Migraines. I havent received a decision, but what has me puzzled is the alj said that he wouldnt count my cashiering and waitressing but he would count my nursing experience/wages!! what does that mean? the alj also asked how does my meds make me feel, and i explained they make me feel sleepy,dizzy,and tired all the time!

08/04/2012 05:34 PM
holyroller

I have been waiting to hear something from the JUDGE since June 14th, I called the ODAR office last week and all they told me was that my case was assigned to a decision writer and that I should be getting something within 2 weeks!!! My hearin was Jue 14th and I been wanting tohear something every since that DAY!!! How much longer???

08/04/2012 06:42 PM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 3032
Group Leader

Holyroller, at my hearing the judge said I'd receive my decision in 6-8 weeks. I got it in 5 weeks exactly..Just hang tight. Good luck!

08/04/2012 08:24 PM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
Group Leader

I think you will hear something soon holyroller. Hang tight. I know the wait can be very frustrating and it is easy for me to say this to you since I am already approved. ALJ decisions are normally issued 30-90 days after the administrative record is closed, but due to backlogs, it could take much longer.

I got approved for panic, anxiety, and depression too btw.

08/06/2012 07:19 PM
holyroller

Thanks ElvisSmile Im gonna hold tight!!! And Lost, Thanks Soooooo much I feel very relieved, that you were approved on the same disabilites I have!!! Im gonna hold real tight nowSmile Thanks again.

08/07/2012 06:10 AM
alexis61
alexis61Posts: 313

I gotta hold tight too. maybe something will come in the mail today for us.

08/07/2012 08:25 AM
holyroller

@ Alexis61 I pray it do! I called the ODAR office and the gentleman on the phone was very nice and helpful he said its being written up as of july 27th and he asked me if the SS office needed to reach me was that the correct address and phone number on file! Then at the end of the conversation he said I hope it all works out for you, and I was thinking I pray it doesSmile

08/07/2012 12:19 PM
stillwaiting
stillwaiting  

Here is some information I found while surfing the web. Maybe this will help.

Post hearing processing times which means from hearing held to decision.

Region I 69 days.

Region II 59 days.

Region III 52 days.

Region IV 77 days.

Region V 77 days.

Region VI 71 days.

Region VII 75 days.

Region VIII 63 days.

Region IX 53 days.

Region X 68 days.

Region I includes Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maine and Rhode Island.

Region II includes New York, Puerto Rico and New Jersey.

Region III includes Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC.

Region IV includes Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Illinois.

Region V includes Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Wesconsin, and Minnesota.

Region VI includes Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.

Region VII includes Missouri, Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, and Kansas.

Region VIII includes Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Utah.

Region IX includes California, Nevada, Hawaii, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona.

Region X includes Oregon, Washington, and Alaska. Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved