MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 01:20 PM

Friend that I am helping get ssdi.(page 2)

heatherj78
heatherj78Posts: 1673

thats what im wondering...if it was an ssi denial. did you get to see the letter wolfman? i know i got a ssi denial within 2 weeks or so. i actually denied the service and didn't apply for it bc i knew i didnt qualify for it. they sent me a wonderful denial letter anyway...guess cause they have an abundance of them. lol.

05/08/2012 03:53 PM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

No it was an ssdi denial this is an initital claime and the reason for not approving is .

review of your health problems you do not qualify for benefits on this claime this is because you are not disabled under our rules.

He is schizo and physical issues gotta wonder what his medical records really say. I am asking him to gather all the medical records before submitting the appeal for an reconsideration this time unless he decides to go with a lawyer that would be his best bet. He said that none of his doctors have submitted anything yet to social security..

And I didnt get to see the letter untill this evening cause I have the shingles bad.

Post edited by: wolfmanpark, at: 05/08/2012 03:57 PM

05/08/2012 04:02 PM
heatherj78

thats odd. all those diagnosis and ssdi says hes not disabled under their rules? very strange...???

05/08/2012 04:27 PM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

I am second guessing him as well thats why I ask that he gather medical records before sending in for the reconsideration. This would give me a idea of whats really going on he said he takes one med for schizo and one injection a month I am not privy to this but bipolar you take a shit load of meds and scizo is much worst. What is really messing me up is that most of the medical records have not been receieved yet for social security before they make a decision. I dont have a horse in this race other then some exp so if he is messing with me its only wasting time I already have on my hands anyways.

05/08/2012 05:23 PM
heatherj78

dude..that sux! i really hope that your buddy isn't trying to just scam. that would be sad Dizzy now..from personal experience - i was "given" a diagnosis of schizo in 2005 by a psychiatrist assistant. she gave me seraquel. that is all she put me on was that 1 med. of course, she never told me i was schizo. she told my hubby though.i was walking out the office and turned around only to see her point to me and make the crazy sign implying to my hubby i was crazy. real professional right? i didnt say anything..until later. lets just say that this lady was a big reason my hubs and i filed for divorce. she denied ever doing this, ever saying i was schizo, ever giving me seraquel or ever telling my hubby i needed to be instituted. i only took samples and threw the script away bc it made me a zombie. she even changed my the records bc she realized she was in complete violation on my hippa rights...we found out the truth later. big ugly mess. the hubs and i reconciled after we found out the truth..a lot more to the story though. so....i have 3 points here.

1 - never walk in front of a psychiatrist.http://cdn.mdjunction.com/components/ com_joomlaboard/emoticons/wassat.png

2 - keep all prescriptions even if they arent gonna be filled.

3- people are crazy. even the ones you think you can trust...including doctors! lol.

i don't know how they could deny him without any records at all. you would think that it would take a bit longer atleast.Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink

Post edited by: heatherj78, at: 05/08/2012 05:27 PM

05/09/2012 05:58 AM
SSLMD

The Blue Book listing for schizophrenia requires significant impairment beyond the basic diagnosis.

Wolfmanpark, if you are not already using it, try capsaicin cream (Capzaisin(R), Zostrix(R), or a generic equivalent). It is counterintuitive to put something that burns on a lesion that burns, but the stuff works wonders. You should also be on oral and topical antivirals.

05/09/2012 06:17 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

SSLMD

I will wait till this dude gets his medical records back and post the details so we can all pick thru them with a fine tooth comb.

I went to the er and they gave me a cortisone injection for the shingles and another injection that I dont even know what it was and put me on predinsone meds and Ranitidine and Im useing gold bond for the itches it seems to be helping now it took four days for me to be able to move without the extreme pain. I would have never thought shingles would be this bad. This morning I woke up feeling great but I was wasted on lortabs last night to take away the pain.

05/09/2012 10:43 AM
heatherj78

vitamin d is good for viral infections if you can find a liquid form of it. hope it gets better soon!!

05/09/2012 05:13 PM
mem1318

Wolf, hope you are feeling a little better. Everyone that I know said that shingles is no joke.

Do keep us updated on your friend

05/10/2012 05:27 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Reality the shingles are nasty critters. I heard they never really go away you still get the pain from them for years to come. I also got a womens problem going on with the shingles I have the hives and now I get to take a larger dose of predenisone. Its been a bad week around here I got more holes in my arms from these damn doctors taken more blood. My oncologist confirmed that I am for sure ruled an Polycythemia vera patient so now I might be given blood once a month if I like it or not and in the future looking for a bone marrow donor. So all you guys and gals go to this sitee and sign up bethematch.com and sign up its free and easy. This is how I found out I was polycythemia because I was trying to be the match for a aml patient.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved