MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/07/2012 08:57 AM

Friend that I am helping get ssdi.

wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

hE WAS DENIED IN LESS THEN A MONTH OF TURNING IN THE PAPER WORK HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF A FAST DENIAL SUCH AS THIS ? oPPS sorry for the caps but hey that kinda pissed me off cause we was waiting on the paper work from the doctor that would have made his case more viable. I am thinki9ng ssdi is really messing with people now this just wasnt a fair game. This dude has spinal stenosis a few herniated disc and is schizophernic. Based on the ssdi codes he should be approved with the schizo alone little lone the other things he has going on.

05/07/2012 09:15 AM
heatherj78
heatherj78Posts: 1673

I wonder what system they use.I mean there are people who are terminally ill that get denied. I guess they deny them thinking that they will dye before they win an approval and therefor not collect anything. It's a rather dark thought, but one never knows. Some folks get approved with a torn rotator cuff even after it was repaired. there life is never that interupted. while a lot of folks have to fight and some still get denied. i don't understand. just keep encouraging your friend and help him along the way to appeal. Smile

05/07/2012 10:09 AM
ERVARGASNY

Could be you may have missed your deadline for the paper work, or you didnt fill it out properly or left a few things out, doesnt make sense someone of that extreme disability would get dined just becuase they felt like it, did you file by yourslef or with an attorney? Dont ever go at it alone always get an attorney, unless its obvious and you have full bliwn aids and terminal cancer, you will not be approved in most cases. Just a heads up.

Post edited by: ERVARGASNY, at: 05/07/2012 10:12 AM

05/07/2012 11:04 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

No aLL THE paper work was turned in on time and filled out proper with some of the medical records that were on hand at that time.

05/07/2012 03:09 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I agree w/Elvis- unless you have something 'terminal', they pretty much throw it in the denial pile.

And, I have heard of someone having a quick denial. ME! Not sure what stage your friend is on. But, the attorney had filed an appeal for and we were on the reconsideration stage. I had that denial within a week! Yep! You're reading this right! It was a week!

The only thing about that denial was- that meant that my wait for the hearing w/ALJ was going to happen that much quicker. So, although the attorney and I were pissed that they never even looked at the appeal.... if they were going to deny it.... the hearing would happen sooner.

Good luck helping your friend!

05/07/2012 03:10 PM
SSLMD

What was the basis of the disability claim?

05/07/2012 05:11 PM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2887
Group Leader

What was the reason for denial? Was it the 'standard denial' they feel you can still so the work you had been doing?

05/08/2012 04:08 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

It was a basic denial. I never seen an initial claime come back so fast like that, But like fibro said faster hearing date ahead. I hope that thwey dont waste that time on the recon.

05/08/2012 05:28 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2887
Group Leader

Wolfman, My sister n law filed the end of last year for back issues,she had a couple surgeries and the doctors said they had done all they could do for her. She was approved in exactly 4 weeks after all paperwork was in. She is 57 years old so that may have played a big part in the fast approval..

05/08/2012 05:44 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

My mother in law walked out of her hearing approved last month also and a week later they dropped 56 grand in her bank account. They said for her problems which are diabetes depression and back issues and OLD AGE SHE WAS APPROVED ON A BENCH DECISION. She is only 60 years old age plays a hugh factor now days.Being approved or denied.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved