MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/28/2012 06:31 PM

trying to get approved in the first stage

sueanna

my husband had a stroke in 1-2009 but was told it was stress and anxity no MRI. he has not worked since then and has got the numb left side/ wierd gait, and vascular dementia. I filed for his disability in Jan 2012. He went to his pcp for he was hoping for a rx for mri, but she discovered his blood sugar was over 700 and told him he has had a stroke and go to hospital, where he ended up staying 9 days. they did ct, mri and confirmed the old stroke, and multiple newer little strokes. this was in march. I have been going crazy collecting info, writing letters, taking him to many appointments ect. we went to the medical eval ssi ordered, should have been an hour but took 3 hours. I spoke to his adjudicator and she said the dr are already evaluating and THEN she caught me off guard and said the dr's complimented the letter I wrote, and she thanked me for getting all the forms, dr notes ect fax'd to her, and said its pretty clear the severity of his condition. I dont want to get my hopes up but I CANT IMAGINE WHY THE ADJUDICATOR WOULD EVEN MENTION ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I was expecting her to be cold and quick off the call. what do you guys think?

04/28/2012 07:24 PM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2887
Group Leader

You should be getting a decision anytime, it usually takes about 4 months on initial application.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved