MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2012 09:06 AM

Still Waiting

cwooters73
cwooters73  

Who is out there and is still waiting for decision from alj? This is 6wk today for me. Had hearing 3/14 Sad

04/25/2012 06:45 PM
mixedbipolar
mixedbipolar  

I'll join the club; I had my hearing on 1st March, 12 w/ the judge wanting additional info within two weeks. Therefore, I count down from March 15, 2012.

How are you coping with the wait and wait some more; never knowing when the day will come.

I have dreams I am reading the letter and it read "denial" over and over again.

Did your hearing go well?

04/26/2012 11:58 AM
cwooters73
cwooters73  

My hearing was brief and my lawyer answered one question and that was onset date..even though my lawyer said all is good, the longer it takes the more I wonder how good are we....I have read stories or people been to court after me and have recieved their letter and backpay!! To be honest all I do is watch the mailbox..How about you? By the way I am in Mo and where are you? My hearing was video and my judge was in Cafli.......Crystal

04/26/2012 04:37 PM
mixedbipolar
mixedbipolar  

Hi Crystal, I'm in NC and it took me 15 minutes to get to my meeting with the judge. It was a long process as I was so anxious I talked too much. I couldn't stop myself. I had a good attorney but our pre-meeting was cut short b/c the judge requested an early start. I didn't do as well without better prep as I should have. oh well.

My attorney's case manager told me last week she will call at the end of the month and will receive the letter the same day I will.

This helps me not to be so postman-arrival anxious; I know she or my attorney will call me with the good or bad news. Still, I wait for 5:30 pm to hear the little vehicle stop at my home and my heart races abit.

Ugh, but less stressed nowadays, at least.

Did you have the Vocational Expert present or on the telephone? Was your attorney helpful in retrospect?

Maria

04/27/2012 07:58 AM
cwooters73
cwooters73  

Hello Maria,

I had a ve and md. The md did most of the talking by stating number blah blah is greater or equal to blah blah. Then the judge asked onset date and said the case is closed....oh and by the way to start with the judge did ask me: name,age,where I live,who lives with me,all my meds,did I drive,and then the md took over......I know I was told we won but not seeing the award letter, I keep thinking maybe we did not win....I have heard stories on here of some going to court and 2wks latter have the award letter....I know my case was sent out to calfifornia I just hope it gets back to here and I get a letter.....Sorry the wait is really getting me down....I hope all is good for you keep me updated and I will do the same......Have a wonderful stress free weekend Smile Cool

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved