MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/19/2012 08:55 PM

Having trouble ....

Heartburn
Heartburn  

I am wondering if any of you out there have had problems with their attorney?

After I was sent my court hearing date I had called my attorney up. I asked if I could have a copy of the disk that the Social Security disability has. I was told that we (my attorney and I) were only allowed one copy. I could get another one after the hearing. So, my attorney suggested that she print off the exhibit list that SSD has for the hearing. I said ok. When I got the list I found out that one doctor records were missing and several were missing updates from them. I called my attorney office up and gave this info to them so they could get the records that were missing. In the mean time I have been working on getting the functional evaluation done and a letter from my doctor stating what my disablities are and the things I can't do any longer with the things that are difficult for me now. Plus she stated that I could not work even part time as stated in SSD rules. Along with me not able to work for the next 12 consecutive months.

I called my attorneys office up to see about the follow up with the medical records. This is what I got " no we are unable to do this bc your records have been sent to the attorney." I was a little mad at this time and they asked me if I could get them. Now I am working on getting updates and records from my doctors. I hope I get it all done before my hearing date, April 6th.

If any of you out there have any suggestion please let me know, but I sure do not want to pay my attorney any money. Can I do anything about this?

03/19/2012 09:23 PM
mem1318

I called SSDI myself and got the disc. I had no problem at all.

03/20/2012 08:13 AM
aprilaidan

I hired a company that is terrible! look for a new one.

03/21/2012 11:36 AM
Heartburn
Heartburn  

Aprilaidan, which company did you hire.

I did not think a attorney would jepordives their case based on not giving all records? I am not happy with my attorney but would it be best for me to get an attorney at this time when my hearing is 16 days away (April 6th)? Or would it better for me to call my attorney up and discuss this matter with them about how unhappy I am? Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks everyone!!!!

03/21/2012 01:20 PM
birdiee11
birdiee11  

@ Heartburn,At this point I wouldnt try to get another lawyer.Most of the time whenever you get a lawyer an you sign papers that the law office send you about their process an fees. If you go try to get another lawyer it wont work unless you can get the lawyerthat you already have to waive the right to collect the fees.Which 90% of them wont.They will be looseing money.Also ssa has them on file as the lawyer who will be reprsenting you in your claim.Trust me, at the beginning whenever i started with my claim back in may 2010, I wonted to get this other lawyer to take over my claim. an thats what she told me that would have to happen in order for her to take my claim. Thats where i got the waive the fees info from. I would call or go talk to my attorney about this issue you have with them direct.They are suppose to share info with you an keep you up to date what is going on with your claim an your med records.I hope this all be over for us both soon. The waiting is PURE HELL! But dont ever give up. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved