MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/23/2012 11:03 PM

APPROVED!!! For anxiety agoraphobia

pickliah
pickliah  

FINALLY!!! I found out today i am approved!! I fist was approved for ssi, then today they told me i have also been approved for ssdi so my ssi payments with stop but i still get the back pay for it! And i said i became disabled on feb 17 2010, and they said i became disabled aug 2009.... does that mean more back pay for me?! I'm still so confused about the whole process and medicare and just everything. Waiting for my award letter still. YAY!!!! I waited quite a while for this, but luckily i only had to appeal it once and im approved! STOKED! Laughing Laughing Laughing

02/23/2012 11:31 PM
Heartburn
Heartburn  

Congrats picklih! So did you have anything else going on than what you stated? So, did you have to hire an attorney?

02/24/2012 06:55 AM
ERVARGASNY

Nice Congrats, and yes if you were found you were disabled from day one, you get back from from August if in not mistaken. Nice, is that a good Feeling is like a Ton of Bricks off your Shoulders :o)

02/24/2012 07:25 AM
Raynydaze
RaynydazePosts: 57

Congratulation!

02/24/2012 08:00 AM
pickliah
pickliah  

Thanks so much everyone!! Heartburn- I have anxiety/agoraphobia and depression.. Unless my pyschiatrist (sp?) has something different written down that i dont know about. But yeah that's what i have. And no i didn't hire anyone or anything like that. Did it all myself. I stayed on top of all the paperwork and kept every letter and kept all of my appointments and what not! I feel very lucky and a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders now, but not all of it cuz i just want to get all the information so i know exactly what is going on and going to happen!!!

02/24/2012 09:59 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2896
Group Leader

If SS listed your disability onset date in Aug 2009 then yes you'll get back pay till then. Congrats!!

02/24/2012 05:03 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

Yes! I would too, would take it to mean that you'll get back-pay from the onset date of August 2009. That is- minus the 5 months of which they with-hold.

You're extremely fortunate to have won your case with just one appeal, no attorney, and w/a mental diagnosis. You must have a 'really' good psych that documented everything the judge needed to approve your case. - Awesome!

Congrats!!!

02/24/2012 06:30 PM
mem1318

imagesCAJZ6TIU

02/24/2012 09:36 PM
pickliah
pickliah  

Thank You sooooooo much everyone!!! You all are such great help at answering my questions and always here for support, again, thank you!!!!! Laughing They told me the amount i will be getting monthly.... now if i add that for every month, minus the 5 months and minus the backpay for ssi will that be my back pay for ssdi??

02/25/2012 02:20 AM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Congratulations!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved