MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/15/2012 04:51 AM

Off topic story fuuny and sad.

wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

My mother inlaw moved down to help us when I went down and as soon as she got her she got hurt and I end up helping her. Ok she moved from Ohio To Florida to get out of the cold. The first week she was her she takes my dogs for a walk for excercise and then my darn dogs try and take off running on chain and pulls her to the ground. Causeing her to get a fracture in her lower spinal area. Keep in mind I had told her many times not to take both dogs they are big srong boxers that only walk in calmness when i walk them. I master not her lmao. Ok she has surgery and gets this fracture fixed. thank goodness.

Then she decides for excercise she got one of them three wheel bicycles. My goodness this just keeps coming. She ws rideing and crosses the cross walk in a four way intersection on the white walk signal. Bammm she gets run over by a deputy sheriff of all damn people in the world a cop runs over this great big three wheel bike while he is sitting on a red light. Thank god there was a few wittness that stayed around when I arrived. Ok she gets to ride to hospital in the lil red truck from the county and now her back and hips are messed up alone with her shoulders.

Keep in mind now in the great state of Florida if she dont have her own car and insurance policy that the person she lives with must use there insurance policy (auto) Mine !!! When she moved down here she was healthy sort of anyways but now its almost like I have the mil from hell with more medical problems then one would expect. I ask her some time ago if it would be a good idea for her to move back to ohio since she gets hurt so much here. !!! She dont want to go back lmao. Kinda thinking rest home in the back of my mind for the near future.

Everyone have an awesome day.

02/15/2012 05:46 AM
mem1318

Dang Wolf, remind me not to come visit you.lol How is she doing now? Pray that mother in law get well and you to. I tell ya I would chain her to a chair or bed and dare her to move. Wow that is not good. Her body may not be able to take the winter at home anymore. Wish all you guys the best, and that there is strength to care for each other. What was the damn cop think about, idiot? Glad there were witness, because he probably would have said she road in front of him.

02/15/2012 05:55 AM
jk825

she may not make the rest home if she keeps leaving the house...funeral home maybe. God, when it rains it pours!! my elderly mom lives in florida and always has interesting stories.

02/15/2012 07:12 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Lol some people cant believe the stuff that happens here in Florida. Yes the cop did admite to it that it was his fault. After the wittness gave me all there information. They at first would not even take the statements from the wittness's untill I arrived and got all there info. The mother in law is 61 years old.. She is for the most part kinda healthy she moved down here to help while I was going thru the ssdi process. little did we know that we would end up taking care of her more then her helping us. Its been fun though you cant get more laughs then we have since she has been here.

The florida insurance industry is a scam this is why she has to use my auto insurance. If your involved in any kind of auto related accident auto has to cover it. There are many states like this. My insurance covers it till they settle the claime and the county sheriffs department will have to reimburse my insurance for the medical cost. I dont regreet letting her move in with us at all its more funny then anything.

In her home in ohio her son and his wife moved in with her six years ago with 5 kids and the sons wifes brother has also been living with them down on his luck kinda thing. and she just needed to get away from them. She has sinced filed bankrupcy on her home in ohio and collecting the rent her son pays her untill the forclosure happens then he will be forced into the streets to live like a big boy.

SHE does seem happy here but the poor girl gets hurt a lot for some reason.

02/15/2012 07:30 AM
Bustedup

Maybe shes enjoying her self to much. Vacation like and all!

Keep an eye on her.

02/15/2012 07:36 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

I think Im gonna take the advice given above chain her to her bed post and keep in her the bedroom so that she dont get hurt anymore. lmao She is enjoying herself a great deal its the crazies out here that she needs to keep an eye on. I dont let her walk my boxers anymore either.

02/15/2012 02:52 PM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Yeah janey its the no fault state crap that Im talking about. And yes most states are now taking on this kinda insurance. Its more of a liability to the ones that have insurance then the ones who dont.

02/15/2012 04:59 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

Did I understand this right- YOUR AUTO insurance had to take control for her 3 WHEEL BICYCLE accident??? I understand how the system works with the Sheriff dept reimbursing later. But, your auto insurance? That's just crazy! (Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly.)

02/16/2012 03:58 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Fibro there is some kind of clause on our policies that pay for anyone in your household that is involved in an auto accident that is uninsured with there own auto policy. Even though she was rideing her bike she was hit by a car so this involved an auto policy. If I could think of the part of the policy Im talking about you would know it Im sure.

02/16/2012 06:53 AM
jk825

your motherinlaw leaving ohio was probably the best thing that has happened to her in a while. seems as though others were bleeding her dry, and she probably sees florida as a vacation, even though she has had bad luck! it's all good if we can all laugh.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved