MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/06/2012 08:39 AM

OMG! They haven't been collecting records!

heatherj78
heatherj78Posts: 1673

I'm sure it might not be a surprise to some folks...but I guess it really is to me. I have called and spoke to or left a message with my case examiner everytime I've had an appointment and even given all the doctors info and why I was treating. I also gave SSDI and list of all my current and former treating physicians, addresses and phones numbers as well. This info was ALSO on the application so they were informed then. I've called 10 doctors whose records are very important and 7 have not received anything at all from social security for records..and they others haven't sent current ones. This is just 10 doctors..there are about 25 listed. I mean, how do you know that I've had fusions if ya don't check? How do they know anything if they don't check?? I filed in October. I had my CE last week. What is going on? Are they going to deny me because they didn't even request all my medical records? That is really a crock... Um..Ideas? Opinions...H-E-L-P!

Post edited by: heatherj78, at: 02/06/2012 08:40 AM

02/06/2012 09:05 AM
mem1318

Wow, that does not sound right. Did you ask the dr or medical records at your dr office's? Most Dr don't know if there is a medical records dept. Medical records are the ones that get record request. Do you have any of the records yourself? Ask SSDI for the dates that request was sent. That may be one of the reason you were sent to the CE's. Ask Dr office if they charge for you to receive records? SSDI do pay for records although it is a small amt. like $20 but much cheaper then you have to pay. Some Dr office give first one free. Then some charge a flat fee of $25, understanding that after a certain amount of pages they charge.50 to $1 a page. If you try to get records get the report for the last 5 years. I think SSDI only go so far back on records (ask them that question). From this point on ask for your record as you visits. From my experience SSDI was on top of sending out there reguest. Do you have a atty? They will also request for records. Godd Luck

02/06/2012 09:11 AM
heatherj78

I called and spoke to medical records people with each doctor. I'm feeling that I'll be getting a denial anytime bc of them not doing their job. If I do, then yes, I will get an attorney. I didn't want to but then again they have more knowledge and could take this stress off of me. This process is taxing! lol..

02/06/2012 09:26 AM
mem1318

Well I tell you missie, from what you have said I would be calling one today. Yes they get a % of your money if you win. But that is why they are here. SO THAT THEY CAN MAKE MONEY. It may put a big dent in what you will receive but at least you know you will have something coming in. Good Luck

02/06/2012 09:28 AM
heatherj78

thanks realityworld! you are an amazing help... Smile

02/06/2012 10:50 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2885
Group Leader

Can you go and get the records yourself from the doctors and fax or mail them to SS? That's what I did just to make sure SS had them, I didn't care if the doctors already sent them to SS or not,I was sending another set just to make sure!

02/06/2012 10:58 AM
heatherj78

lol! i just got off the phone with the lady 30 seconds ago and she said that i shouldn't believe that my doctors didnt get a records release. she said sometimes the send them and they dont mark it or whatever. she told me that they havent had any trouble getting records or anything and they are current...except the visit last week. she said they dont have that yet bc its new. she was very nice about it. she said if there is something that they are missing they will do what is needed to get it and if they are having difficulties will contact me to see if i can get it for them. that was reassuring. we shall see ... ive left a message with an attorney to call me though for a consult just in case. elvis -i had some records but a majority of them i did not get.

02/06/2012 11:03 AM
mem1318

I just could not understand why SS had no records. I thought about it and if SS did not receive records I got a letter in the mail from them say that they had requested records from which every dr but they had not received. I also did the same as EP. I got my own and faxed SS & Atty a copy.

02/07/2012 12:42 PM
MysticLyme
MysticLyme  

Interesting...I received my first SSDI decision on Friday...denied :'(...and what shocked me is they stated they never received any records from the MAIN doctor treating me for Lyme disease! I have quite a lot of other "supporting act" doctors, but to disregard the MD who has the most knowledge of my illness, I think it is horribly unfair for Social Security to do this.

02/07/2012 01:34 PM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

They are doing this to send people packing keep in mind our govt isnt exactly the most honest people we have ever dealt with.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved