MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/08/2012 07:52 PM

Still waiting for second hearing

aprilaidan

I had my first hearing September 2011 - my attorneys office called to see if another hearing was set yet, but they keep saying nothing had been set yet to check back every month.

I hope everyone get's good news -still waiting.

01/08/2012 09:16 PM
Caseycat

What was the result of your first hearing? Are you waiting to appeal hearing #1 that you lost?

01/09/2012 08:47 AM
aprilaidan

I didn't get denied - The judge gave info to a doctor that wasn't at the hearing and the doctor claimed I do chores all day - not true. Mixed up case of someone else.

01/09/2012 09:59 AM
mem1318

April, I know what you mean on the mixed up. I don't think it was a mixed up my file, I think they just scan over file and saw what they wanted to see. It was said on my first denial that I would heal well from a surgery that I never had (go figure). Second denial had me down as apply for widow benefits. Spouse still living and kicking. Now how they came to that decision I have no ideal.

01/09/2012 11:24 AM
Caseycat

April, sorry but I am still confused. What are you waiting for? If a hearing officer made a decision you should get a letter. You would have gotten a denial letter from your first application or you would not be at a hearing level.

01/09/2012 02:15 PM
mem1318

Sound like she is saying that she got denied from the firt hearing stage and now she is in STEP 5 Big court. But I was only speaking on things in her file that was not true. Maybe she will confirm on what step her denial was in. ??????

Post edited by: Realityworld, at: 01/09/2012 02:16 PM

01/09/2012 07:06 PM
aprilaidan

I had a court hearing September 2011 - I found out three months later that no decision made and I needed a second hearing ( never received anything in the mail - mt attorney's office called to find out what was going on.. I have Binder and Binder ( never again) The judge could not make a decision -he gave my medical records to a medical doctor after my hearing was over. I know this is strange -never got anything in the mail.

01/09/2012 07:19 PM
mem1318

DID YOU ASK WHY A DECISON WAS NOT GIVEN? YOU SIGNED A MEDICAL RELEASE FOR ATTY & SSDI ONLY. WHAT MEDICAL DOCTOR WAS YOUR FILE GIVEN TO? THEY HAVE TO GIVE YOU THIS INFO, IT IS YOUR RIGHT. FORGET THE LAWYER RESEARCH YOURSELF. BEEN HEARING ALOT ABOUT B&B, HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS.

01/10/2012 04:13 PM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2887
Group Leader

April, have you called the hearing office yourself to find out whats going on? You said you have Binder and Binder maybe you should consult with another attorney if you can find one at this stage in the game.. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Binder and Binder..

01/10/2012 04:24 PM
aprilaidan

How do I go about calling myself? I was told that I have to wait for another hearing because the judge couldn't make a decision. ( sounds strange doesn't it? I was told the judge had a doctor( I am assuming a ssd doctor read my medical reports) and told the judge what his opinion was. The things the doctor came up with were false -like I do many chores throughout the day??? I told the judge i do not do any chores or cook.

I had a Vocational expert that said no work twice when asked. My judge was old and

it didn't look like he was even listening to me.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved