MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/29/2011 11:05 PM

Just trying to get my thoughts together

LadyCity
LadyCity  

It's a rough night, can't sleep.

Trying to put my thoughts together on what I will tell the judge.

Be honest I know but it's still nerve wracking what he's gonna say when he's gonna say it blah blah blah.

I am being patient and I am trying to do everything I can but it's still stressful.

So figured I might put my time to good use tonight and write stuff down but I can't even concentrate on it. My mind keeps racing and not just on the hearing but this and that this and that ughhhhh.

This has been happening for years but I really need to do this. This is important.

Any ideas on how to keep my mind from racing so bad?

10/30/2011 07:22 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

After the hearing your gonna say why in the sam hell did I put this much time and stress into this. Your gonna have to worry more about the waiting the decision then this hearing. So take a deep breath and smile cause its not worth all the stress.

10/30/2011 07:31 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I know you have all these thoughts running through your head. Sometimes, it's really, really, hard to get them out- to relax, and actually let yourself unwind. Just try and tell yourself that you've done all you can. You've seen all the doctors, have them backing you, your representative believes in you, and you have all your documents completed. Now, all you can do is wait a little longer for the hearing. It's really hard to say what will happen that day. So, if you can- try not to stress out too much about it. Maybe try listening to some music... or look at a magazine... - I know it can be SO hard! Just hang in there, it will soon be all over.

10/30/2011 07:38 PM
kildare56
kildare56  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I REALLY want this to work out for you. If this makes any sense to you at all, try to actually concentrate on nothing. I mean everytime a thought begins, force it out. Somtimes that takes practice, but you can do it. Then, tomorrow, go get 'em!

10/31/2011 04:40 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

Racing thoughts is a big problem for bipolars and yes they do make it hard to concentrate. Write as many of them down as you can even if the writing makes no sense. Sometimes just getting them out helps.

Also if this problem keeps you from sleeping you might want to talk to someone about whether they can give you a prescription that will help. In all honesty the judges don't have a script of what they should ask. Don't forget their human beings just like you are.

If you can't remember, tell them. If they say try, then tell you could guess but it would most likely be inaccurate and possibly based more on your mood than reality.

Don't worry about being stressed when the day comes, they will see that and take it into consideration. All you can do is the best you can do.

Personally the stress is driving me crazy as well. It drives just about everybody crazy and they suffer a great deal. All you can do is hang in there and find some coping skills that will help you get through it.

10/31/2011 05:39 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 3029
Group Leader

Do you have any hobbies you can focus on to get your mind off this whole disability process? I know its hard not to obsess over it,I did the same thing. One thing I learned is that the disability process is very harmful to our health,I feel like I have aged 5 years in 2 years from the stress..lol Its hard but hang in there and try to focus on something else when the stress levels hit high!

10/31/2011 05:45 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Laughter is the best med when it comes to this stuff. I had nice brown hair before starting this process I now have total white hair. And Im not joking about that !!

11/01/2011 06:51 PM
LadyCity
LadyCity  

White hair lol dang my hair is still dirty blonde and I hope it stays that way.

I decided to just let it go last night and spent the night with hubby. Cuddled with some candles and sage.

You should try sage lol we both fell asleep.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved