MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/20/2011 07:29 PM

The issue of age isn't ALWAYS a deciding factor

LadyCity
LadyCity  

Now granted for people that have worked 40 some years I can understand but they not only look at your age but also your education, your job background, this and that this and that.

ALL play a role. Now granted I'm only 26, do you think the judge is going to look at that with much favor? no probably not but he can not make a judgement on age alone.

He will look at my past medical records, probably ask me point out why I haven't gone to the doctor in the past year and a half. I will tell him frankly that we do not have the money nor do I have the ability to go on my own. I can't even get past the mail box on my own much less go somewhere. Also in the past I have slept up to 20 hours a day due to a condition of mine.

If anybody ever tells you oh your too young, don't waste you time. Ya know what I would say SCREW EM!!! If you are legitimately disabled and you have tried to work either with the disabilities or not, TRY FOR IT!!!!

I have tried to work with these disabilities and they will see that, but they also see that some jobs where 2 days other jobs where 2 months. A lot of jobs but a few days or a month here or there tells them a lot like YOU ARE TRYING but something is stopping you.

Keep at it, don't worry about age just worry about yourself and what you can and can't do.

10/20/2011 08:34 PM
LadyCity
LadyCity  

I agree completely. You always get nervous when that VE starts talking though.

10/21/2011 04:25 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

I have a friend in the bipolar group who is trying to work. Her first day she cried in the bathroom and the second day she said she had a melt down right in front of everyone. But she is still determined to give it a third day. God bless her.

I wish they would judge us the same way they judge people that are already on disability. but from what I hear from people, they don't.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved