MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/12/2011 02:43 PM

I turned down 3 times and got it with lawyer

jinaj

Get the attourney. as soon as we went into see the judge i was granted approval. The problem was i wasnt the typical bi-polor person. I m still not completely convinced but i do fit fit some of the profile. I think it comes from my migraines. You get depressed with migraines and you get manic with the meds you take from them. I wish ii would have got the attourney right away. it would have been worth it. once the judge hears your ersonal story it is a sure win. I have more things to add about how to dress and what they were looking for so please contact me.

Post edited by: jinaj, at: 02/12/2011 02:44 PM

Post edited by: jinaj, at: 02/12/2011 02:44 PM

02/12/2011 03:00 PM
mem2576

I was just denied, got letter today, a real shock,. allsup is representing me,.

bipolar and hyperinsomnia and 60 years of age. this is the first time decision, so I must appeal,. Im really scared and worried,.

Post edited by: topock, at: 02/12/2011 03:06 PM

Post edited by: topock, at: 02/12/2011 03:17 PM

02/12/2011 04:28 PM
macawlady
macawladyPosts: 59

i am using allsup also and got my denial letter today. I am 52) They were going to send me for a mental exam but then changed thier mind said they had enough info. I went for a ce physical for my chronic pain and fibro. So i have no idea what they report. My rheum sent a report to them. So who knows. I am going to appeal. I already sent a message to allsup and calling them monday.

02/16/2011 08:32 AM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

Congratulations Jinaj! I hope a lot of people see this message, because I always try to stress to people that they start with an attorney or representative from day one. It makes a big difference.

Topock & Macawlady, I am very sorry to hear of your denial. It does happen. Allsup is good, but don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions and make sure they are doing their job. Most of the time when a valid case is denied, it is because of a lack of medical information. Make sure that your doctors get their information in, and make sure it's as comprehensive as possible.

02/16/2011 09:24 AM
macawlady
macawladyPosts: 59

I aske allsup about that and they said it is up to ssa to get my records. Any advise on what to ask them. As you told me before you just did the mental not phy part, wish i had done that. They are calling me this week to do the reconsideration paper work

02/16/2011 10:15 AM
mem2576

yes, we need advice on what to ask allsup when they call,. the reconsideration level,may be a rough one?

but,. we must ,.

02/16/2011 12:18 PM
Chasidee
Chasidee  

I'm going to give allsup a try. If they deny me this time the next one is going to be the hearing and the ssa officer said it'd be in the town office.

02/19/2011 11:09 AM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

Macawlady -- It is true that SSA is supposed to "request" your medical records. However, if your doctors don't respond and SSA is not receiving your medical records, it IS Allsup's job to follow up with your doctors and make sure your medical records get in. Allsup told me they don't get involved until it's been at least 30 days, but after that point, they started calling my doctors and made sure they sent the medical records in. If anyone at Allsup is telling you different, get a hold of someone else via the main number and ask for a supervisor. Allsup gets paid VERY well if you win, and it IS their job, not yours, to follow up with doctors who are not getting your medical records in.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved