MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/13/2010 01:17 PM

Letter of Denial

6katmom
6katmom  

On Saturday, I received my letter of denial. I thought I would save money and apply by myself; it didn't work. I was so devastated and angry.Angry

Part of me wants to just give up. I was hurt at work in September 2008 and I didn't receive my workmans comp settlement until 2010. It was a battle and I had an attorney.

And now I read your words and you say it may take 3 to 5 years. Now, I really feel like giving up. I just cannot keep living with this pain and dealing with the government. This is not fair to me or my partner; she should not have to hold the finances together alone.

I called the same attorney I used for workmans comp and they said they would look over my file and decide if they can help me. What am I going to do if they can't?

I feel like I am losing my mind. I feel so hopeless and helpless with this process.

12/13/2010 02:51 PM
EldoradoKennedy
EldoradoKennedy  

That's what they want.

They WANT you to QUIT.

THey don't have to pay AND they help weed out some fakers.

They WANT you to QUIT - - - DON"T

I could some colorful words here but I won't

_________ Them and tell them to _________ it.

If you're legitimately hurt, which I beleive you are.. . CONTINUE the battle.

Good Luck and God Bless.

EK

12/13/2010 03:15 PM
ERVARGASNY

Dont give up, i have no real idea how you feel, but i can only imagine how you feel because i waited 9 months for my fist reply from S.S and waiting and calling amd gettimg no answer, finaly in sept i walked into the S.S office to inquire on my application and to my surprise she said i was aoproved a long time ago and the check was in the mail, boy was i shocked, Anyway i dont think it takes 3-5 years for you to get a hearing again, that probably the worst case scenario, and from what i understand they have a time limit to respond to you, its not when they feel like it, in the mean time go to the web amd do lots of reading in how to make your case stronger, make sure to note down all of your medical findings, like acid reflux, gastritous, servere headaches, i mean anything you have just add it in there, as a combination of things is what helps, not just your major findings, also dont depend on your lawyers to get all tue medical records to your S.S investigator, call up the 800 # and they will give you that info at @ S.S, these lawyers are lazy and sit back, the longer your case sits/ denied the more payout they get, so make sure your S.S invisigator has what they need to recomend your case for approval, otherwise they will just deny it at the administrative level, in the mean time apply for welfare, government funded medical benefits, etc etc, also what state are you in? You dient mention that, and what condition are you in? That makes a differance, so someone from your state can help you more, just dont give up its your money, you worked for it, your deserve it and its your right...

12/13/2010 03:34 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

If they can't help you, try Allsup. I started w/them, then switched to a local attorney that specialized in SSD cases. As, I feel that's the better of the two. Although, Allsup has won many cases for people here at MDJunction.

Keep hanging in there. And please know- for most people, it doesn't take 3-5 years. But, more like around 1-1/2 years.

If your doctors are backing you. DON'T give up.

12/13/2010 03:54 PM
strozierj
strozierj  

Well I just started my process at the advice of my family...but I can feel the depression sinking in. The first application was denied for SSI because I was receiving unemployment...the unemployment stopped because I tried to go back to work part time and my whole body swole up like a blimp and I was running fever etc. So we know work is not an option at this point. I appealed this SSI decision and they said they would approve it but would have to wait for the decision in the SSD before any payments could be made??? I don't get that when you know I have no income, why would you let me go 90 more days or more without any money to live on??? Of course they will deny me the first time...but the waiting on something so that I can have money for doctors appt and meds is ridiculous. I feel lost and alone.

12/13/2010 06:39 PM
4gotten

I had to get financial help from the state while applying, (which is now), and since my income is pretty much gone I of course got it, so that helps supplement some. Food stamps also come in handy as well as food banks. Not sure if you're living in a home or apartment, but either way try to get some assistance through resources. Here we call 211 maybe you have a number there too. I'm scrambling to make ends meet and yes I had to apply for and get H.E.A.T. assistance so I'm pretty good for a couple 3 months there too. Don't give up though!

I'll be praying for you as well as myself as well.

12/13/2010 07:42 PM
ladysheets

Yes Hang in there. I am one that it has taken almost 5 years. I was denied all the way to the hearing level.Reapplyed and have been going through the appeals process now waiting for my hearing jan. 21.I pray to God i get it this time. I have not worked for 2 years now at all.Im lucky to have family help me. But i cant rely on that forever.

Best of luck, dont quit everyone is right, thats just what they want you to do.

12/13/2010 08:29 PM
RonnieB
RonnieB  

Good God don't give up. That's what they want. I got approved in 1 year. I read age also has something to do with things. If you are lets say in your 50's you might have a better chance than someone in their 20's or 30's. My doctor said I must have had a good lawyer, but he did nothing but collect medical information. I didn't even have to go in front of a judge.

Just keep up the fight.

12/14/2010 09:59 AM
strozierj
strozierj  

4gotten...on the financial help end...I've asked for stamps and got those ..but as far as money...nothing because I have no kids...any other suggestions?

12/14/2010 10:35 AM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

I agree with everyone else, don't give up! Some cases do take 3 - 5 years, but that's not always the case. It took me 18 months. I would absolutely recommend getting a representative. I know they get a big chunk of your backpay (mine got the maximum, $6000), but if it gets you approved faster it's worth it.

I used Allsup. During the process there were many times I felt like they weren't doing a good job, but I was WAY wrong. The got me approved at the initial level as a 29 year old for mental health reasons. That is NOT an easy thing to do, both because of my age and because it's very hard to document psychological disorders. There's no simple "test" when your problems are psychiatric in nature. Allsup's people went over every questionnaire with me over the phone in very great detail, so that all aspects of my disorders were clear to my examiner.

Now if my case went to court, I may have done what Fibro did, get a local attorney, but luckily for me it didn't come to that.

strozierj, I responded to your problem getting cash assistance in the other post. From what I understand about your situation, you *should* qualify. Of course every state can be different, but in general they're the same in this area.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved