MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/01/2013 10:14 PM

? About my ssa account

Pixxiecatt
Pixxiecatt  

I registered for my account on ssa.gov site months ago but in the last week it changed and on the home page there is a benefits and payments but says under that "not currently receiving payments" it also has a "get your verification letter" and when I click on that its just general info with my date of birth. My case is in review at appeal council. I set up an account for my husband to compare and his is different from mine. I don't want to get my hopes up. Do they only change ssa account after approval?

09/02/2013 06:30 AM
heatherj78
heatherj78Posts: 1673

The only thing I can tell you is about the bottom where it says estimated benefits.

It used to say not it coud not estimate because I had applied for ss. Once I was approved it changed and now says we cannot estimate because I am receiving benefits.

It it changes to showing you an amount if you were to receive it, the that is an almost sure indicator of denial.

As far as the blank benefits letter, it happens to a lot of people. I had read that before because aia never had it. But people said a blank one is just something they post once that tab gets established. Some got approved and some didn't.

Still, I'm hoping your's is a good indicator!!! Smile

09/02/2013 08:31 AM
Pixxiecatt
Pixxiecatt  

The estimated benefits is there but wasn't there until a few weeks after my hearing. Does that make sense or did I word it wrong lol I should receive a letter from appeals soon since its now in review.

09/02/2013 09:11 AM
DisnMich2011
DisnMich2011  

My case wasn't reviewed, but I remember it (My online SSA account)kept saying "no information is available because you recently applied for benefits." When I was finally approved it changed pretty quickly to my monthly SSDI amount, and for my verification letter, and then, when I finally got back pay it showed up online before it hit my bank account. That's the way it was for me, I've heard other people say it never changed for them, and one day they just got a check or deposit? Good luck!

09/02/2013 03:48 PM
Pixxiecatt
Pixxiecatt  

Thanks. My ssa account did say "no information" before and during hearing but right after hearing it changed to a I guess you could say normal ssa account then I log in last week and it shows a payments and benefits section with verification letter but says I am not currently receiving benefits. I just thought it was weird. I don't want to get my hopes up too much because then when I get a denial ill be even more depressed.

12/21/2013 08:57 PM
blsdbyonmsur

Hi I am new here and I know this is an old thread, but I was recently approved for benefits, and my ssa online info has updated to reflect that. Under payment history it has Monday's date 12/23/2013 then one time payment and then the amount, is it safe to assume that means it will be sent out on Monday, or could it have been sent out already?

12/22/2013 05:03 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 3050
Group Leader

Is the one time payment your back pay? My back pay came on a Monday Morning after payment was released on a Friday.. You do have direct deposit set up right? If so check your bank account Monday morning.

12/23/2013 01:36 AM
blsdbyonmsur

Yes it is back pay but it says paper check and the payment date is today, so I was wondering if that meant they are sending it out today or could it have been sent out Friday.

12/23/2013 08:01 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 3050
Group Leader

It'll probably come today or be mailed out today, Let us know what happens.

12/24/2013 09:43 AM
blsdbyonmsur

Mailed yesterday, didn't come today. I will keep you guys posted. Can your back pay be offset? Is it possible?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved