MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/14/2009 08:55 PM

ssi taking to long

glenbren

is it hard to get ssi or ssd in oregon does anyone live here or know someone that has i heard it was hard an how long does it take thnx any answer would be niceSmile

12/14/2009 10:56 PM
jrose72
jrose72  

I'm in Oregon. I filed 2 years ago, have had 2 denials and am waiting for my hearing. My representative says Oregon isn't as bad as some states, but it sure feels like it's taking a long time!

12/15/2009 10:47 AM
Gen

I live in Oregon. I applied for SSD because I have lupus and I couldn't work anymore. I filed June/08 and was denied Oct./08 appealed with a lawyer and was approved Feb.09.

I wrote to my Congressman and governor and anybody else I could think of. I even found my case worker's email address and sent her emails almost everyday. Letting her know my family was going without food. Letting her know I couldn't get my Rx's with no money. I couldn't go to the doctors because I had no money for gas. And so on.

I think everyone was tired of me and just gave in!!!

Gen

12/16/2009 09:42 AM
glenbren

Do u know if u nbeed alot of hospitalization to get it for bi-polar, here in oregon thnx

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved