MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/03/2013 01:17 AM

think i will win?

kri115

what percentage do you think I have at winning during hearing? fybro, morbidly obese, mild sensation loss in hands and feet. osteophytes in lumber spine, dry disc, generative disc in lover back. disc bulge, anemic, body,showing massive amount of inflammation throughout my body, chronic spondolythesis,lordatic curve in my neck, Enlarged liver and spleen, Darviticuli, inflamed stomach, and possibly lupus. (just found out) So really don't have enough time to prove it before Thursday but my oncologist says it could be an auto immune disorder. Don't have enough time because my hearing date is Thursday Sad I have major depression/ bi polar, anxiety disorder and bone spurs on my feet and ankles. Please give me your opinion.

I haven't been able to work since 2008.

Post edited by: kri115, at: 02/03/2013 01:23 AM

Post edited by: kri115, at: 02/03/2013 01:29 AM

02/03/2013 04:54 AM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
Group Leader

You do have your best chances at the ALJ level. They say about every 2 out of 3 claims are approved here or about 66%. I believe that the 1/3 that lose don't have good supporting medical documentation. If you look at the 5 sequential steps they use in determining if you are disabled>>>>>>

Most people have no problem satisfying 1,3, and 4.

Just from reading your post, I would say you satisy # 2 (just my personal opinion)

The hardest one to satisfy is probably the last one #5. Even if you were a high functioning executive working for a large cooperation and you got sick and could not do that job anymore, if SS determines that you could still work at Burger King for example fulltime and can do that job, they will deny your claim. That is why if you have a lot of good medical records that show that you have all the things medically wrong with you that you say are wrong and if your doctor writes a disability report on your behalf stating that you can't work b/c of these conditions, you will most likely win. Your doctor doesn't have to state anything explicitly tho. In fact, many doctors will not go on the record and say patient X is disabled by disease B. This is where a good attorney comes in at the ALJ level. If the attorney has done his homework and viewed your medical records and is prepared to explain to the judge why these things preclude you from working and refute anything to the contrary said by the ALJ,>>> VE or ME (if present), there is a very good chance you will win here. That is why you can do it yourself and win but probably best to find a good attorney and let the attorney speak on your behalf even tho the ALJ might still ask you specific questions during the hearing.

Please come back and update after your hearing. Good luck to you!

Post edited by: LostInCyberspace12, at: 02/03/2013 05:07 AM

02/03/2013 05:10 AM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
Group Leader

You said "I haven't been able to work since 2008."

Why did you wait so long to apply? Since 2008, have you been seeing doctors on a regular consistent basis?

02/03/2013 05:52 AM
heatherj78
heatherj78Posts: 1673

kri115- it all depends on your records and how your conditions keep you from working. that is very important. after that if all boils down to the judge, the RFC she gives you and whether or not the judge really thinks you can work or not.

02/03/2013 08:34 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2886
Group Leader

You will need solid medical records to get approved.. Why did you wait so long to apply?

02/03/2013 12:47 PM
kri115

I ignored my back pain ( i was in an auto accident) I started getting terrible back pain in 2009. I've been sickly my whole life but have worked through it with part time jobs, until I couldn't handle it anymore mentally and physically. I haven't worked since 2008. I have been seeing my primary care since 2010. That's when I found out about my back problems. Disability never crossed my mind. I've been treated mentally with medication for since 14 with documentation from doctors, but I've tried many medications and wasn't getting the results I needed, so I saw a psychologist. She asked me about my physical problems after hearing my mental problems, said "you really need to file for disability", so i did in 2010. I didn't have allsup until I entered the hearing level. I have solid evidence of everything.

I'm terrified beyond words. I have so much brain fog and im afraid the judge will take me the wrong way as if i'm spacing out to think of a good answer or have no good answer.

Post edited by: kri115, at: 02/03/2013 12:52 PM

Post edited by: kri115, at: 02/03/2013 12:53 PM

02/03/2013 12:53 PM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
Group Leader

Allsup should do a good job for you. Which medical condition disables you the most?

02/03/2013 12:57 PM
kri115

my lost job i was a cashier. my ss paper says if i become disabled it would only be around $800.00

02/03/2013 01:01 PM
kri115

i see my doc on a monthly basis

02/03/2013 01:07 PM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
Group Leader

Which month in 2010 did you apply? Do you remember?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved