MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/03/2012 08:02 AM

SSI interim benefits

wheresmoney
wheresmoney  

Wanted to catch everyone up with what is going on since receiving my FF decision letter.I had a phone Interview Friday to go over and apply for SSI. FIRST THING CASE WORKER SAID IS THAT MY SSDI will be too much so the SSI is for Interim medicaid to see if I qualify to have any past medical bills paid for.But I will not receiving SSI payments.My SSDI cannot be processed until the SSI portion is resolved.I didn't have all the info over the phone so now I have to wait a few weeks for her to get that info.Other then that she told me what my benefit amount would be from SSDI a month and she said someone will be calling me to set up dependent info

WendySmile Smile

12/03/2012 10:58 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2887
Group Leader

What info do they want? And why a few weeks?

12/03/2012 11:12 AM
wheresmoney
wheresmoney  

Elvis.. SSA WANTS TO SEE IF i QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID AT ALL WHILE i WAS WAITING ON MY CLAIM TO BE APPROVED.. why CAN'T i JUST SAY NO I Don't want it?? Am I allowed or do they have to do all of this??Just seems they want to hold up my payments and back pay My SSDI payment is hundreds more then the cap SSI payment//Why bother with all this crap...

Post edited by: wheresmoney, at: 12/03/2012 11:14 AM

12/03/2012 01:36 PM
ElvisPresley
Group Leader

SSA isn't the ones who approve if you get Medicaid. The only way to get Medicaid is to go to the Welfare office in your county and apply. So this makes no sense.

12/03/2012 02:00 PM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Maybe they are checking to make sure that you didnt have medicade at some point and owe them money. But like Elvis said it dont make any sense at all.

12/03/2012 04:32 PM
wheresmoney
wheresmoney  

When I applied for SSDI SSA attached a possible SSI to my claim.So that is why SSI CALLED TO VERIFY EVERY THING. bUT i HAVE NEVER GOT MEDICAID BEFORE

12/03/2012 06:49 PM
ElvisPresley
Group Leader

Like I said the SS office has nothing to do with Medicaid that comes from welfare.The only thing they would make you pay back is if you got cash welfare assistance, not food stamps or medical.

12/04/2012 10:51 AM
wheresmoney
wheresmoney  

our Social Security Disability is Approved! But - Where is Your Back Pay?

Social Security takes a long time to make a decision on disability claims. You filed your claim and had to wait months or even years before you got your approval letter.

Finally! Your monthly Social Security Disability checks start, but time passes and where is your back pay? You contact your local Social Security office and you still don't get your back pay.

Social Security has two disability programs-regular Social Security Disability and SSI Disability (based on need). You may not know that when you filed for disability you actually filed for both programs, even if you did not qualify for the SSI Disability needs program. Social Security has to process both claims. This can cause a real delay before any of your back pay is released. It can, and usually, takes months before you see your money.

If you used an attorney to help you get your disability, he or she will probably not help you once your checks start. They work for you until your claim is approved and they are paid. Social Security pays attorneys very quickly and once paid, attorneys usually tell you it will take time-even months--before the release of your back pay. You are usually alone trying to get your money.

Social Security has two procedures they can use to release money to you fairly quickly. If you are in financial need, (and after waiting so long, who wouldn't be?) they can actually write you a check. They can also expedite a payment of some or all of your back pay even if your back pay amount is still being processed. Social Security Advice Online has been contacted by many individuals throughout the country telling us that Social Security will not help them, because they are receiving regular monthly checks. Of course they can help you. They just won't help you.

12/04/2012 11:01 AM
wheresmoney
wheresmoney  

My letter is from the Social Security Administration/ Supplemental Security Income

Dear Wendy Very Important letter that could effect whether you get Supplemental Security Income. We need more info to process your application.We will call you at 8am on this date... Information about Medicaid and other benefits. In many states applying for SSI means you also are applying for Medicaid. If we deny your SSI application..u cannot get medicaid based on SSI..JUST PART OF THE LETTER..IT IS NOT FROM WELFARE OFFICE

12/04/2012 11:02 AM
wheresmoney
wheresmoney  

Well the lady said I make too much for SSI payments ??They are seeing if I can get SSI during my 5 month waiting period.Only medicaid thou no payments..Just gets more confusing

Post edited by: wheresmoney, at: 12/11/2012 08:55 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved