MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/21/2012 06:18 AM

waiting for alj decision

holyroller

I had my Alj hearing on June 14th and I havent heard aything as of yet! I was tld weeks back it ws with the underwriter, then it was with the decision writer....How much longer does it take???

08/21/2012 06:46 AM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
Group Leader

Hopefully, not too much longer hollyroller. Having patience is really hard when it comes to the SSA.

08/21/2012 06:49 AM
holyroller

I just called the appeals office and was told, Its still with the decision writer, the lady ws acting like she wanted to tell me, but all she said was I can't tell you until they mail the letter out...

08/21/2012 03:08 PM
ERVARGASNY

If you ask me, That lady sounds like she was giving you a heads up on tjat you were approved, otherwise she wouldnt have been so eager, ao chances are your approved, i can almost bet my life on it, because same thing happend to me, next time use coded words, ask here if there are sunny days ahead, she may or may not get it, but i think they will :o)

08/21/2012 07:01 PM
holyroller

Ervargasny.....Thank you, I feel a little bit betterSmile I will call again in the Morning and sure enough ask is there Sunny Days aheadSmile Thanks again!

08/22/2012 05:31 AM
ElvisPresley
ElvisPresleyPosts: 2887
Group Leader

I agree, sounds like the lady was giving you a heads up on the approval..I can't see her wanting to tell you you've been denied.

08/22/2012 06:07 AM
holyroller

I called back this morning and used the Coded wordsSmile lol.....and the an Mr. Ronald was clueless....but he did ask me what was the best number to contact me, in case the Judge's office needed to contact me, so I verified the number and then he said I hope your future looks bright!!!!

08/22/2012 07:00 AM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
Group Leader

It does sound like they want to tell you but can't come outright and say you have been approved. Aren't the telephone conversations recorded?

09/16/2012 07:44 AM
holyroller

I had my hearing on June 14th and still no decision! I called the 800 number friday and the guy said its been over 90 day and that he was writting the office that has my claim and was giving them 10 days to get a decision to me! I pray we all getout Approvals Sooner rather than later!!!

09/16/2012 03:56 PM
stillwaiting
stillwaiting  

OK I called Friday to check again on my case . Bla Bla Bla ......

Then the lady on the other end told me it could take from 140 DAYS TO 160 DAYS. I DON'T THINK SO. Now whos telling the truth? The person last friday said from 60 to 90 days. Ok I'm listening. These people have food , money for light bills , for insurance etc.... They don't have to worry about where the next meal will come from. It just makes me so mad when people lie to me. Why don't they just tell me the truth. Ok so I called my local office office and they said it was still pending. CRAP this is getting on my nerves. I just wanna scream I recon. Well now that I got that out , hope everyone is doing good. Have a great week.And good luck ... God Bless!

P.S.Please Forgive the shouting!!!!

Post edited by: stillwaiting, at: 09/16/2012 03:57 PM

Post edited by: stillwaiting, at: 09/16/2012 04:00 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved