MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/08/2009 02:23 AM

Introduction

Magus
Magus  

Hello, my name is Kevin. I am diagnosed with Psychotic Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, and Social Anxiety. I am currently taking Zoloft and Seroquel.

02/08/2009 05:51 AM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You have got your arms full, eh, Kevin? You'll get through it all. There's lots of support here. Greetings!

02/08/2009 01:34 PM
Magus
Magus  

Thank you very much, Sharone. I look forward to talking with you. This will work better because I am not in person.

02/08/2009 02:15 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I felt that way, too, at first. But, you'll find people here who are very kind and giving and can relate to where you're at. Somehow that support carries over into the world around you. I'll bet your confidence will grow. Just give it some time! Father and artist, huh? Those are good qualities to have.

02/09/2009 02:17 PM
Magus
Magus  

I'm starting to hallucinate again. Everyday this weekend and this morning (Monday). I see my PDoc Wednesday, so maybe he will adjust my seroquel..

02/09/2009 05:25 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Buddy, that's got to be tough. And, that's not the social anxiety. Glad you have regular care. Be well!

02/09/2009 06:21 PM
Magus
Magus  

I saw an old man in my room wearing a uniform shirt like the ones that auto mechanics wear with the patch on left breast.. He was eating, frantically out of a bowl like he was starving to death. I just waited for him to finish eating and leave.

02/09/2009 06:51 PM
hipmama42
hipmama42  

hang in there Magus....you have a lot on your plate to deal with right now. I hope that your pdoc can be of some help on Wednesday...take care of yourself!

02/11/2009 04:49 PM
Magus
Magus  

I told my Doctor about these hallucinations and he raised the dose on my Seroquel. They told me that I was getting disability, so I'm relieved about that. They also scheduled my therapy for every two weeks instead of the usual once a month. Today was a good day.

02/11/2009 09:34 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Magus, I just read up on psychotic depression and the articles suggest this should be a short term illness...lasting under one year with proper care. This is a pretty severe diagnosis and if you are experiencing hallucinations, I am very surprised that your doctor has you in therapy only twice per month. I think you may want to talk over your care w/your pdoc, something doesn't seem right in this. MDJ can't substitute for therapy, I'm sure you realize that. I hope you look into this and let us know how things work out.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved