MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/31/2009 04:35 PM

Prom?!

Kaila

I have decided to go to our schools Prom this year, but I still kind of freaked out. I am apart of making the decorations at our prom and everything behind the scenes so I know the amount of people that will be there. Not a exact number but way more people I am comfortable being next to for four hours in one ballroom. The ballroom is rather large but I am still kind of freaking out about it.

I do not do well with crowds, at all, or tight spaces. Does anyone have any advice or anything that I could do that would help me not freak out when I get there. The thing is four hours long and I don't know...I just need help with finding out a way of making it.

Thanks for any advice.

04/03/2009 07:12 AM
CherrieAngel
CherrieAngel  

Oh dear I do remember I went through the same thing before my Prom. Are you going with a date or friends? That helps to distract you from your surroundings. Also, do you know if you can go outside maybe once every hour or so just to center yourself and relax a bit. Is it possible to sit on the outside of the room at a table or however its set up? That might help too, to keep yourself out of the "heart" of all the commotion.

It's awesome you are helping with the decorations!! And please let us know how it goes okay Smile

HUGS!!!!

cherrie

04/03/2009 02:20 PM
Kaila

Yeah, I am going with my boyfriend which is the only reason why I am going. I am also going to post-prom, which during prom I am sure I could...probably will just have to keep a hold of my ticket to prove I have paid. With Post-prom I can not go outside unfortunately.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved