vickiem1124  
VIP Member

but your handling it and not giving up

08/05/2010 02:57 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It SHOULD be more fun. But I look around me and all the women in the group are pretty tired out. The demands are excessive. The pay will be low but great training for nursing! Besides I do love working with the elderly. It's the training that bites the big one.

I have 2 more weeks and yeah, you're right. I'm not giving up. And I'm accepting my weaknesses, too...I think I used to run from my shortcomings. Are you going to be around to cheer me on for the next 2 weeks? Smile

08/05/2010 03:32 PM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

yeah I will be around I start back in 2 weeks

08/06/2010 02:29 AM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Looking forward to it? I am...I'm taking anatomy. Smile Love biology!

08/06/2010 08:12 AM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

yes and no its kind of a laid back semester I am only going part time after spring semester being completely crazy and chaotic I NEEDED TO A SLOW DOWN but with not having to care give IT might free up more time for school no because I have to retake english

08/06/2010 12:17 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes, no longer caregiving freed up my schedule, too. I guess that's why I was able to head back to school.

Today was weird day. I did what I had to do and the instructor coached me and encouraged me and well, all of us, and I got through fine. But, something's changing in me. A trust issue I think. You know how you end up in situations and some dingaling says, fall into my arms and lets see how much you trust me. I never could trust anyone enough to do that or to do that successfully. But, that's what's happening to me in class. I'm learning to trust. Would you say that's what you're experiencing too? It's very scary and at the same time really amazing. I'm letting myself be vulnerable to all these folks who are actually really nice people.

08/06/2010 02:27 PM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

yes to an extent the whole how to speak in public stuff has a lot to do with confidence in self and trust that you won't be laughed off the face of the earth you find that by this age if they don't have anything nice to say they don't say it and your friends and instructors are encouraging for the most part they want you to pull your weight if you don't do it why should they have to i still lack confidence but I KNOW IF i DON'T DO IT THERE ARE REPERCUSSION Both by grade and other students get mad and they try to get the most out of you so they are asking questions I can't fail unless I don't do it in my case its more about sharing ideas and some ideas are creative others are average

08/06/2010 04:47 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

My goodness, that was almost a book!

You are growing in stature and wisdom and probably in lots of other ways, too. When you first came here you hardly posted and when you did, you hardly said two words together, vickiem. Now you're propping me up. How lucky am I?

08/06/2010 05:32 PM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

Smile

09/05/2010 07:22 PM
TimArends
TimArendsPosts: 66

I can speak out in class. I fell comfortable making friends. But, geez, give me a task to perform in class and I get fidgety and flustered and UGH.

It sounds like maybe you have performance anxiety instead of social anxiety. The steps for overcoming both may be the same: positive thinking, stomach breathing, rational emotive therapy, relaxation exercises, and only as a last resort, meds.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved