MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/04/2009 05:38 AM

Saying Hi

serendipity09
serendipity09  

Hi All,

I just started using mdjunction yesterday, and I am quickly racking up the groups that I belong to... lol

I know that I need to be in this one, that is for sure. I have been smoking cigarettes for TWENTY years now. Ugh

My poor hubby (been smoking about 18 years, himself) wants to quit, but *I* am just not quite ready yet. Sad argg

So - I will post more, later, but - I just wanted to say Hi.

Smile

08/04/2009 05:46 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I also belong to several groups. MDJunction is a great place.

I didn't really want to quit either, but had to so that I can have some elective surgery done. It has not been a picnic but better than I thought it would be. I went to a hypnotherapist.

Good luck!

Colleen

One week, two days, 16 hours, 28 minutes and 37 seconds. 339 cigarettes not smoked, saving $105.94. Life saved: 1 day, 4 hours, 15 minutes.

Smile

08/04/2009 05:50 AM
serendipity09
serendipity09  

Colleen,

Ooo - where can I find a counter like that?? I think that that just may help!

08/04/2009 05:51 AM
serendipity09
serendipity09  

P.s. - Sorry - I also meant to say, Thanks for the welcome! Smile

08/04/2009 06:14 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

http://www.silkquit.org/stop-smoking/quit-meter.aspx

Here is the link. There are other ones out there, but this one seems to be the most popular and includes a lot of info. It helps me to keep this running on the task bar, especially when I'm having a "moment!"

Colleen

08/04/2009 06:27 AM
serendipity09
serendipity09  

This is SO great - Thank you so much!! Smile

08/04/2009 12:28 PM
ComingUndone
ComingUndone  

Hey guys and welcome to the group serendipity! Have you considered quitting at the same time as your husband and then you have a "quitting buddy"? It would make things easier on him too because it is hard to quit when someone you're living with is still smoking. Not impossible, but difficult.

08/04/2009 12:38 PM
serendipity09
serendipity09  

Hi Christine,

Yep - I have considered it, but, I have not yet followed through on it.... Sad You know how sometimes you are just READY to do something, but then, other times you feel the need to eaaase into them...?

I am feeling like I need to mentally prepare myself better, this time around, so that it sticks this time, for good. I do feel extremely guilty that Hubby is ready, yet, I am not... Sad

Thanks so much for the welcome! Smile

I believe that belonging to this group will ultimately help me....

-Serendipity

08/04/2009 12:44 PM
ComingUndone
ComingUndone  

Yes I know what you mean. For a long time I wanted to quit but I wasn't ready to so I couldn't do it. And it was very frustrating because I didn't know why I couldn't get myself to quit, even though it was affecting my job. As far as your hubby goes, being supportive is good too Smile And maybe avoiding smoking around him (or leaving cigs out or ashtrays, all that) will help him get where he wants to be!

08/04/2009 12:49 PM
serendipity09
serendipity09  

What was the final mental thing that clicked for you, personally, do you think?

I mean, of course - I already know with my head that it's bad for me and that it's expensive and that the second-hand smoke is bad for everyone else... It's in my head, tho, and hasn't seemed to sink thru to my heart somehow. I guess I just haven't been "scared straight" about smoking, yet....?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved