MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/21/2009 09:27 PM

wake up 5-6 x per night

eric9980
eric9980Posts: 9

I wake up 5-6 x per night no otc, or script meds have really helped (that I have tried so far, tried most of all the ones u c on tv most of the benzos, resperidol, serequel, geodon). Has anyone had this what is it and what techniques or drugs have worked . I have no trouble falling asleep maybe an hr on abad night but usually fairly quick. The only thing that works is a dose of xane that will cause me long term problems (4-6mgs) PLease help!!!!

ERic

01/23/2009 09:12 AM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm not sure what to say to you. I'd wake up all night and not even know I was. I could not get into a REM sleep (deep sleep) in which we need. Finally, my psyciatrist recommended that I go get tested for sleep apnea. Maybe you should make an apt. with your doctor and discuss this with him and see what he says.

02/19/2009 02:39 AM
Frenchie
Frenchie  
VIP Member

Have you ever tried Ambien or Ambien CR?

I can't take it cause I like it too much. My Seroquel 300 is too strong, and everything else is too weak. What is a gal supposed to do?

05/18/2009 10:06 PM
fesup
fesupPosts: 3851
VIP Member

Hey Eric!

Just wondering if you ever got that sleep problem under control. I use to do that too. Sometimes I still do.

So far I'm taking zanaflex, a muscle relaxor, it seems to be the right dose for me. I can't take the ambien. It makes me to sleepy during the day.

Other than that and my new nasal spray that opens up my sinus. that's all I done. Well they did put me on tramadol for pain. they say that makes you sleepy. But I seem to wake up less often and can go back to sleep now.

Have you been tested for sleep apnea?

fessy

05/18/2009 10:21 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Eric, you're preaching to the choir! I do the same thing. If I only wake up three times, I consider it a great night.

Sometimes I wake up every hour.

I have a really stupid question, do you get up to pee? That's almost always what wakes me up.

Try as I might, though, I can't stop liquids after 6. For crying out loud, how do people do that? I get thirsty!

Who else falls asleep on the potty in the middle of the night?

Tina

05/19/2009 12:29 PM
fesup
VIP Member

Your so funny tina! I do! I do! I fall off the potty, fall asleep on the potty.

05/19/2009 04:36 PM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh, Fessy! I think we may need to start a support group for THAT! It's very debilitating. No, seriously!

When you go to stand up and you can't because your legs are dead asleep?!?!?!

What's your best time on the potty? Mine is three hours! I practically had to crawl back to bed!

When Clint's home, if he's awake (and he usually is) he'll come and try to wake me up, but it pisses me off! I don't want him to see me sleeping on the potty.

So now he asks from BESIDE the door, instead of INSIDE it, if I'm asleep. That's all it takes to wake me up!

MI VIDA LOCA!

05/19/2009 08:01 PM
fesup
VIP Member

Oh my goodness tina! My they should start one. I never knew it could be so serious. I think my time was only something like 10 minutes or so. It was really a while back and has not happen since.

But I have had that legs falling asleep thing recently. Oh I hate when that happens. It actually hurts!

huggies

05/19/2009 08:49 PM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Aw, Fessy Sad 10 minutes? Amateur!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved