MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/18/2009 12:11 PM

masks and general supplies

Blame

Hi, new here. While shopping for a new machine about a year ago I ran across a place that had classified ads for machines, masks and the like. Now that I'd like to find some cheaper masks to try out, I can no longer find the site. Anyone ever ran across it?

My old supplier didn't inform me that i was allowed new masks and other supplies until I lost my insurance. At least i've learned i won't deal with them again.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Blame

05/18/2009 09:02 PM
fesup
fesupPosts: 3851
VIP Member

Hello and Welcome Blame!

I'm sorry no one had gotten back with you on this. I think they have been without a group leader for a while.

I've not heard about that website. I get all my stuff from a local company. They offer people slightly used, like opened and tried for cheaper. You might want to call some local places and ask if they do that too. I sure hope you will be able to find a place to get your mask and accessories replaced.

Looking forward to getting to know you. Hope to see you back asking more questions and posting so we can get to know you!

A big HELLO and a warm WELCOME to ya!

fessy wessy

05/19/2009 09:54 PM
Blame

Thanks for the welcome! I'll try calling around and see if I can come up with anything. Hope everything is going well. I'm fairly lucky. I can sleep with my machine and o2 fairly easily. I didn't have many problems starting out. anyone blog there stories on here? Like there road to sleep apnea sorta thing?

05/20/2009 06:08 AM
fesup
VIP Member

Hi Blame,

I'm really glad to hear your are doing good with your machine.

I think that's a marvelous idea for a new thread! I don't think anyone has done it.

I'm new a this myself. I've had the diagnosis for a while, but I really haven't done anything about it until recently.

I think you should start a new thread for us. I would, but it was your idea and I think you should get the credit!

All you do it go to the general & support area (you'll see across the top) click on that, and then click on Start a discusion (that's at the top too lol) A new window pops up and Well you know you started this one didn't you! bah ha ha

I just woke up, you'll have to forgive me, I'm a little loopy in mornings. I would call it "Your road to sleep apnea!" That's really great! And then everyone could tell there story!

I can't wait to hear your story Blame!

Fessy Wessy

07/21/2009 06:14 PM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

My mask was 3 yrs old and material was wearing out on it. I also needed a new rubber thing for my nose. Anyway, I decided not to replace parts, would have costed me close to $100 and I just got a new mask. They told me they could no longer replace the rubber thing around my nose cause they no longer make it. So, I invested in a $199.00 new mask. It's a pretty neat one. I'll let you know how it feels. They have a loan deal where if i don't like it, i can exchange for another as long as its within 30 days. Cool

07/21/2009 06:21 PM
ray2135

Hey Blame

Why not ask if anyone has a few (or one ) extra mask they do not use and whatever else you need .....This is a support group, and not everyone likes every type of mask. Most people keep their extras.

In a pinch ask for help...

Love, Raoul

I will look to see if I have any extras....

07/22/2009 09:01 AM
fesup
VIP Member

I'm thinking that your insurance does help you with this Dit? Or maybe you don't have insurance? My insurance companies provides me with a new one every so often. Of course I have just changed insurance so we'll see what this new insurance does.

The company that manages my cpap equipement. Keeps ones that people don't won't. Example, they open them up and tried them on and don't like how it feels on their face. They will sell these to peopls for a reduced rate.

Raoul has a great idea too. As long as those masks were not to old.

Yes please let us know Dit.

fessy

Post edited by: fesup, at: 07/22/2009 09:02 AM

07/22/2009 01:14 PM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

The mask works great, I really like it. No, don't have extra insurance here in Ottawa, Canada. We have a health care insurance and most of us here are covered, but no extra insurance. My c-pap machine was 3/4 paid for and it is 3 yrs old. My old mask i'm keeping in case as a back-up. This mask would not be worth donating or trading cause some pieces that needed replacing they don't make anymore that's why I went for a whole new head gear, and the material was wearing out that goes around my head.

I do have 1 month to decide if I want to exchange this mask for another. It covers my nose only. Cool

07/22/2009 02:02 PM
fesup
VIP Member

I'm sorry honey I didn't realize you were in Canada. I know nothing about how you guys do things there.

I hope the mask works out great!

love fessy

07/28/2009 12:23 PM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Does anyone know of any kind of head-gear for c-pap machine that doesn't mark your nose area? My mask is only for around nose and it leaves indents in my skin, and it even has a nobby to losen area around nose.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved