MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/28/2009 06:20 PM

New to Sjogrens/New to this group(page 2)

walliegal
walliegal  

I was diagnosed with sjogrens and postive for lupus. I was moody all summer and felt tired and my legs and fingers, toes and knees hurt I thought I was going through the change.I started having skin rashes and for about a year I had a round ringworm like spot on the inside of my wrist nothing made it go away so I went to a dermatoligst from there a nose,throat and ear doctor from there in August a regular doctor because I was so tired I couldnt move and hurt in my joints she done blood work sent me to a rheumatoloigst more blood work and xrays and here I am.

10/28/2009 10:38 PM
tricey323
tricey323  

Wow, does your glands swell? What type of meds do they have you on?

10/29/2009 04:48 PM
walliegal
walliegal  

my glands doesnt swell yet,the doctors told me to keep check on my lymph nodes for swelling or hard knots because this ups the risk cancer in them. I was on prednisone for one month off for one week and then all my blood work and xrays came back so im on prednisone for two more weeks while plaquenil starts working.

Post edited by: walliegal, at: 11/01/2009 03:20 PM

11/09/2009 09:53 PM
jerseykid

I joined this group awhile ago but this is the first time I have written anything. I was diagnosed with Sjogrens quite awhile ago but I really can't distinguish which symptoms are from the Sjogrens. I understand it is called the dry eye disease but my eyes are watery most of the time. I have polymyalgia and am being treated for that with Prednisone. I know noone has ever heard of the poly but it seems everyone has heard of fibromyalgia. The smptoms are very similar. Both very painful. Can someone tell me which pains are from the Sjogrens and what the symptoms are? Thanks

11/10/2009 12:30 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

Hi, jerseykid, welcome. Instead of me trying to tell you what all the symptoms are I'll direct you to a few websites that will do so much better than me. I have fibromyalgia so if the poly is anything like it I feel for you. Welcome to the group and I hope you find some support here and some info that you need. These are some of the best sites I've found:

http://www.dry.org/fox20020816/guide.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sjogrens-syndrome/DS00147

http://www.sjogrens.org/home/get-connected/support-groups

11/11/2009 04:02 AM
jerseykid

Thank you Rhonda. I checked out the sites you suggested and they are very helpful. I guess there is a reason why I am confused about the symptoms. Many are the same between Poly and Sjogrens. I have an appt. with a Rheumatologist on Wed. of next week. Maybe they will be more helpful than my primary dr. He is the one who diagnosed it but never discussed it with me for some reason.

11/11/2009 06:54 AM
dragonfly69
dragonfly69Posts: 10

yes poly fibro and sjogren have a lot of related symptoms my mom has poly i have fibro and we get same symptoms the difference between the two is poly is constant but fibro usually is and a bit more painful

11/15/2009 06:26 PM
allen2502
allen2502  

im on plaquenil 200mg BD , and have been now for approx 4 years? i have never been warned of any side effects, i have read the paperwork with it, but cant remmeber what it said now? lol, hair loss? mine seems ok ? i hope it stays ok aswell, someone said weight gain was also a problem with plaquenil? ive complained about weight gain to my rhummy loads of times and my doctor, and never been told it might be down to the meds? what else arnt we told? and why?

11/15/2009 06:30 PM
tricey323
tricey323  

How does it make you feel?

11/16/2009 07:00 PM
allen2502
allen2502  

apart from the usuall aches and pains, i feel fine, some days i feel on top of the world. other days the fatigue sets in.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved