MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2009 01:46 PM

do any of u have trouble breathing ?

jbollinger
jbollinger  

I have stressed to my doctor several times that I have been having a lot of trouble breathing and my chest hursts especially in the night and early mornin.I also have discussed that i feel like i am runnin a constant fever almost like my head is on fire , my hubby saiys it is bright red ,but i wanted to c if any of u have the same issue,because i dont know where to go with it. thanx to all Cool

03/29/2009 03:40 PM
fivefishes
fivefishes  

I do sometimes have trouble breathing and/or pain in my lungs. It makes sense, as Sjogren's attacks the organs/tissues that require moisture, and your lungs definitely do.

I also seem to run a constant low-grade fever, but it sounds like yours is higher? Have you considered taking your temperature and keeping a chart for a few days?

03/29/2009 05:53 PM
jbollinger
jbollinger  

I have trouble breathin gall the time my doc says it is from the dry air, but i have had pluercy quite often and u will too find that due to insufficient moisture u will; suffer from upper and lower respiratory infections quite often. i would get a cool mist humidifier , and i dont have asthma but i have to now take an inhaler for the first time in my life. if it continues to b a problem i would let u doc know what is going on

08/09/2009 07:56 PM
Bunnyboo
Bunnyboo  

I have trouble breathing also. Do you have pain in the chest at all? Did you ever find out the cause? I have a chronic condition called Costochondritis. It is an inflammation of the breast bone. It causes pain and tightening in my chest and trouble breathing. For most people it is an acute condition but for someone like us and I have Fibromyalgia too it is a chronic condition. Just FYI.Also I was hospitalized for a week with the pain and all my heart related test were good.

08/10/2009 02:02 AM
Sonni
Sonni  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Ladies!

Its quite common for us to have "chest tightness" due to the fact that both Sjogren's and Fibro are muscle weakening syndromes. It is scary because it feels like a vice wrapped around our chest area. The main thing is to remain calm, stay inside where its cool and make sure you have some type of humidifier, or water cooler that blows mist and moisturizes your air. The moisture is so fine that it won't damage your furnishings.

I've noticed the same thing in myself, beginning in July. I figured it was the heat and started using the "swamp cooler" for moisture and cool mist. It sure helps me a lot. I couldn't breathe otherwise on some of the hotter days.

By all means, do what Bunnyboo did, if the chest pain tightens to the point you feel you're suffocating, get yourself to your doctor, to the ER or call 911. Above all, DON'T PANIC as panicking makes it worse. Concentrate on your breath patterns until help arrives.

Staying hydrated helps too. Our muscles need water to lubricate themselves, especially our lungs. Drink as much water as you can...

Blessings,

Sonni

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved