MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/27/2011 01:45 PM

Been awhile

TaraEllen5
TaraEllen5  

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a pleasant & pain-free holiday. I haven't been on here much lately as I've been researching like crazy, working on a new blog (first time so I'm learning as I go with that too) and I've been alone for a week so that's been an adjustment. Now my son is back from his fathers and we're adjusting together to my limitations and how it affects our relationship. *sigh* I keep telling myself to relax & lower my expectations since it hasn't even been a month since I was diagnosed! We are all on a learning curve. Still, learning your new limits is not fun.

I've also developed some new symptoms. Swollen lymph nodes with pain in my mouth, jaw, neck, chest, upper arms and back. Plus they get worse when I lay down. Nothing seems to help. Has anyone else had these?

I've also come across POTS and dysautonomia a lot lately. Anyone have this or know anything about the corelatlion between that and Sjogrens?

I'd love for you all to check out my blog and follow - right now I only have one follower Sideways Here's the link http://myempyreanworld.blogspot.com picasso

12/29/2011 03:26 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

Hi, TaraEllen, I haven't been on here forever and ever and might not be back for a while but I wanted to tell you that I have that pain in the jaw and neck and mouth all the time. My lymph nodes don't swell so much any more now, though. They used to. And, of course it never happens on the days I go to the doc. I would tell you to make sure your doc does know about it, though. The swelling lymph nodes could be serious, probably isn't but could be. Welcome to the group.

12/29/2011 06:31 PM
twistedDNA
twistedDNA  
VIP Member

12/29/2011 06:33 PM
twistedDNA
twistedDNA  
VIP Member

Location of lymph nodes in head and neck.

12/29/2011 06:40 PM
twistedDNA
twistedDNA  
VIP Member

I have a lot of problems with extreme neck pain at time just like a severe migraine that usually triggers a migraine on top of this Sad

I thought it was one of my moisture glands but none are in the neck so it could only be the lymphs

12/30/2011 03:09 PM
gemini2
gemini2  

THANK YOU!!! That's some relly great information you posted, I truly appreciate it. We need to learn as much as we can, because - Knowledge is Power! Smile

12/30/2011 07:46 PM
twistedDNA
twistedDNA  
VIP Member

SHARING IS CARING.....Smile

12/31/2011 06:46 AM
TaraEllen5
TaraEllen5  

Thanks for all the responses! This was very helpful. I'll talk to my doctor about it. It did go away for 2 days and now it's back again so I'm going to look over the daily logs I keep to look for a pattern of something that I may be doing to cause it. I know that I have been so caught up in the holidays the last week that I haven't been on schedule for anything; sleeping, eating, exercise, etc. And I've been slacking on eating right. BUT the New Year is upon us and I'm going to get back on track! I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved