MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/30/2011 06:48 PM

Sores on tongue

Dreamers
DreamersPosts: 198

I have several sore under and sides of my tongue. It's been a few days now and I can't eat much without aggravating it. This sucks and Im sick of it already. I drink Kifer to sooth the pain and I don't know what else to do. I ate out a couple of times nothing spicy. Does anyone have this issue?The weather here has been upper 90s. Can anyone recommend something? PLEASE.

Ermm

08/31/2011 08:55 PM
Mariah13
Mariah13  

I had problems with mouth sores before I went to a rheumatologist and got diagnosed. He put me on Plaquenil and I haven't had that problem since. I did get some "cold sores" on the corners of my mouth last Spring but treated them with a tube of Carmex successfully.

Of course, I have also been using Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash for dry mouth, and maybe that is what has helped. I do remember how painful those were and can really sympathize. Hope you get better soon!

09/06/2011 06:38 PM
Dreamers
DreamersPosts: 198

Thanks Mariah I did not see doctor for it because after 5 days with pain it finally went away. I read somewhere that it might be a lack of vitamin d12 and c. So far so good I hope I dont go though that again. I know fat chance I will enjoy my normal like tongue for now LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved