MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/22/2010 10:05 PM

Feeling like you have a Flu, but it isn't the flu

grammy3

Hi!

I am wondering if anyone else has frequent flare-ups that feel sort of like the flu, but after having them now every 3 - 4 weeks? I am realizing it is not the flu and I would like to know if anyone else with SS is having the same thing happen to them?

It gets very frustrating when you only get a few good days and the rest are bad and no energy to do anything.

Does anyone else feel they just get a few good days and then things go down hill?

Grammy3

11/26/2010 01:59 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

Yes, grammy, that's how I feel. I feel like I have a touch of the flu all the time and then sometimes if flares up and I feel like I have the full blown flu, minus the stomach problems. Unfortunately if you look at a list of the symptoms and add them up, that's what you get. I also have fibro so I have to add those symptoms, also. It's no fun. I have been better since I've been on the Plaqenil this time. Not well, but better. The good days are a little bit more often and the bad days are a little less extreme. So, there is hope, at least a little.

I have found that if I make sure I get enough rest on the good days and don't over do it, then the bad days aren't as bad. If I just take it easy on every day it's not so bad. I hate having limitations and when I feel good I want to do everything I see that needs to be done. If I can just hold back and make sure I relax on those days, also, I feel better in the long run. I hope that helps or makes sense. I hope your bad days start getting farther and fewer in between.

11/26/2010 10:47 PM
grammy3

Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me. It helps to know I am not alone in this. I agree with, if I could take it a little easier when I have a good day it might help, but like you said, when we have a good day we see all that has to be done and then we tire ourselves out. Do you also have severe headaches? I have them all the time and at times they really shut me down. Like you, I am dealing with other health problems as well and it seems like it all adds up.

Grammy 3

11/30/2010 07:51 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

Oh, yes, terrible, terrible headaches. They diagnosed me with migraines and gave me the meds for them which do help but also knock me out so I don't like to take them unless absolutely necessary. Have you had them check you for all the posibilities and see if it could be migraines? It could be. They definitely do shut me down, too, just like you.

12/21/2010 11:46 AM
Lilyelizabeth1

Can't say for sure, it might have been the first cold since the Sjogren's began. But it felt so strange compared to the ones I had before.

Guess time will tell.

'Bye,

Lilyelizabeth

02/10/2011 06:55 PM
twistedDNA
twistedDNA  
VIP Member

Grammy3,

Are you still having the flu like symptoms?

I experienced this for the first time, all last week. I thought it was a germ/virus I picked up after attending a local Celiac Support Group meeting. They had food there and I hadn't eaten anything besides what I had prepared in my own kitchen for about a year.

Now after reading your post I'm not so sure.

Have you had a chance to discuss this with your doctor?

02/10/2011 10:36 PM
grammy3

Yes, the first few times it happened, I was in touch with my Doctor and he determined it was like the Flu but probably caused by the Sjogren's.

You may have noticed in one of my messages that I posted, I was having a terrible time with pain in the muscles in my hips in my right leg and then it went to my left leg. The Pain was horrible. However, I found help. I have had three Laser treatments on my hips and as I set her right now I don't have any pain in the muscles of either hip. I can hardly believe this is happening but I am living proof that Laser treatemnt can help us. Have any on you considered trying Laser treatment for the pain.

02/11/2011 08:08 PM
twistedDNA
twistedDNA  
VIP Member

I am unfamiliar with laser treatments for hip pain. Can you post more information about it?

My hips have been a problem for years but since I became disabled and spend more time at home they don't bother me too much though I'm having a bit of a flare lately.

02/11/2011 10:54 PM
grammy3

twistedDNA, Hi!

I am giving you a link to look up info on laser treatment. The link I am giving you is the one I

am going for help for pain.

Go to: novamassageandlaser.com

There it gives you better info than I can

relate to you.

They also feel they can help me with my Headaches

that I have had since I was 13, so I am looking forward to that.

Bye for now, hope this helps some.

Grammy 3

02/12/2011 11:21 PM
twistedDNA
twistedDNA  
VIP Member

Thanks grammy3, looks like this must be the place you go to in Canada.

I'm in the States so will ask the rheumy about it when I see him next month.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved