MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/08/2009 04:31 PM

Any one had bi-lateral Shingles?

MoonSlide
MoonSlide  

Hello, am new to this group.

Went to the dermatologist today, as I've been blessed with an area that looks so much like shingles, but it's across my sternum on both sides.

I'm also experiencing flu-like symptoms. Anyways, she's put me on 1 gm of Valtrex, 3 times a day, for seven days.

Am too ill and tired to read through all the posts here, so I'm hoping to hear back from those who have been in my place.

Thank you very much, it's appreciated more than you know.

Sher

12/12/2009 10:14 AM
patty777

Hi Sher, I just joined the shingles group a few weeks ago, Im so tired from the fatigue this puts you through. I couldnt stand the severe pain in my side and went to ER. The doc ordered a CT and bloodwork. LOL He didnt even look at my side, and he said he didnt know what was wrong with me. HuH Duh if he would have done more than shook my hand he may have seen the bumps that went in a line around my waist.

I went to family Dr and was Diagnosed 2 days later. No one told me I was having flu symptoms, I just figured it out. What a waste of money and time.

I still have the rash, though the bumps are shrinking. But I still have the fatigue , Im hoping will go away.

Caring Always

Patty

12/22/2009 07:13 PM
Noble
Noble  

Patty,

Hope you are feeling well. How long did the tirdness last. It is incrediable. I literally splept 18 hours and am going to sleep now. If I know there is an end I will feel beter. Doctors tend to just blow you off.

12/23/2009 08:06 AM
patty777

The one Dr I seen told me I can have affects for a year after breakout. This is not a fun thing, and kind of leaves you wondering. Like if your hurting somewhere else and then I think "oh , Here we go again"

Patty

12/23/2009 11:33 AM
Noble
Noble  

Up to one year !!!!! OMG Patty....... I pray you are not going that long with it.

I id have bilaterial on my face and they were like..... no... you can't have it bilateral.. I was like duh...... well there it is.... they told me it was rare or impossible. I have spoken to MANY people who have had it bilateral and it isn't rare.

12/23/2009 11:12 PM
patty777

I think it appears where it wants to. Kayla, I hope your new PMD helps you tomorrow, let me know how it goes.

Patty

12/24/2009 03:56 PM
MoonSlide
MoonSlide  

Thanks everyone that responded. Makes me feel not alone! I also have Fibromyaligia, which goes up and down (mostly up.) I do best when I keep stress out of my life AND let myself sleep as much as I want. These passed couple days I've slept about 14 hours a day. Though I'm not stressed due to holidays, I think it's because a dear friend of mine passed away last week.

The best treatments I respond to are: massage, cymbalta (40 mg/day) it does give me stomach cramps, not nausea at times, and physical therapy. Of course I have to do the PT at home as well. Pure peppermint oil (has to be ordered specially, ask me if you want to know where to get it) it blocks Substance P, one of the pain neurotransmitters.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season!

Warmly, Sherilee

12/25/2009 11:37 PM
patty777

Hi Sherilee

Im so sorry for the loss of your friend, I have been there and it just gets so hard. I feel and no the pain, I have had a lot of losses too.

Bi lateral Shingles can happen, and it is so painful I hope you are not going through that also.

Let us know how you are doing, it helps everyone to know what to expect.

So very sorry for your loss and also the pain you are having.

Always Caring

Patty

12/28/2009 06:49 PM
MoonSlide
MoonSlide  

Thank you Patty, your response means a lot.

The shingles haven't come back. If/when they do I'll let the group know, as well as anything that may have precipitated them.

Wishing everyone a happy and health 2010 (can you believe it?!)

Sherilee

01/01/2010 10:21 AM
Noble
Noble  

It has happend to me. it was on both sides of my face and they said, that is impossible. I was like.... I know what it is and I need the anti viral etc... they treated me for poison Ivy.....Hellllllloooooooooo. I went to anothe doctor who told me that it can and does break out on both sides of the face. By then it was too late for the anti viral and i want to kill myself. Now I have a PMD who is great. Right away I am on 1800 mg of neuronton and I go on the fentanal patch and I take anti viral.

Hang in thre and speak up !!!! Let them know that they are wrong sometimes and it is not going to be you !!!!!

Feel bettter and hugs....

Kayla

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved