MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 04:16 PM

40 years old and shingles ?

wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

I am not sure what it is I went to the ER the other night with these great big whelps on my body hundreds of them and they shot me with cortisone injection and benedryle and it all cleared up in just a few minutes and was gone the very next evening here they come back mind you I am on prediensone tables three times a day as well. BUt the er doctor didnt tell me what the problem is. He told me to follow up with my primary care which i will visit tomorrow. Cause this rash dont look anything like the first one this one burns and stings like crazy and itches. I even have it on my head my scalp itches like head lice. I have it behind my ears and all the way around my neck and shoulders and face and back and in the midsection of my body and under my arm pits really bad. I am thinking I might have to go back to the er tonight the way its going I wish my doc would have been able to get me in sooner then she did.

05/15/2012 07:53 AM
jan12

That sounds like allergic reaction to something. Medication or food allergy will give you all over body rash like that. Shingles follows nerve pathways. Never all over body.

05/15/2012 09:40 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Thanks Jan I think it is an allergic reaction for sure it comes and goes at will.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved