MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/23/2008 09:41 AM

Telling people.

PAUL909
PAUL909  

How do any of you (if you have already) tell people you want to be with that you have std's? What should I expect? I guess when it comes down to it, I'm just afraid of meeting someone great and they won't have what I have.

Post edited by: PAUL909, at: 05/23/2008 11:52

08/12/2008 08:07 PM
PAUL909
PAUL909  

After 64 views, nobody has anything. This is the internet. Nobody knows you. Just step out there and say something.

08/14/2008 11:48 PM
glory
glory  
VIP Member

Whoa Paul, damn, calm down buddy. In the first place look at the photo you chose to represent you. If this is the way you represent yourself in everyday life, wow, having an STD is the least of your worries. Would you be attracted to that? I thought of a little ditty to go along with the poem you started on your profile page.

When it comes down to it,

You can't make lemonade,

With sticks and dirt.

But before you say screw it

And ya dance the promenade

Wear a rubber & you won't get hurt!!

Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 they say. Just looking at you I will venture a guess that you aren't getting too many dates with the nice gals you wanna take home to mom. I will also tell you 100% sure that you're not getting the good girls because of your attitude. Paul. look at your face here, read the words you have written here and on your profile page and tell me who is gonna wanna talk with you.

What exactly would you have to offer someone. Whether just to talk to or become friends with people want to know it will add something to their life.. I think you are your own worst enemy, Paul. Best of luck to you.

PS my sister (Miss Kansas 1973) married a man with both of your STD's, she knew before she married him.

Post edited by: glory, at: 08/14/2008 23:53

08/15/2008 02:07 AM
PAUL909
PAUL909  

Glory, I have a good friend who tells me the same. And you are right. Thank you.

I wouldn't say I exactly get around. I don't. It seemed you were hinting that I do. I suppose after reading it over again it did sound like I meant that way.

My problem is a fear of losing a great person because of something I can't take back.

Does anyone have a story about how someone took the news? Good or bad.

08/15/2008 04:23 PM
glory
glory  
VIP Member

Paul, If you lose them because of what you have told me, they aren't worth having. Surely you don't give them a physical report from your doctor on your first date do you??????? You are going to have to get to know the gal and her get to know you, way before you know if she's great or not and that has nothing to do with sex!!! If and when you get to the sex part, which you are going to have to control, then you can tell her.....before the sex! If she runs like, Forest Gump, forget her!! One day you will meet one that says, "well can I catch it??" At this point ask her to go to your Dr. with you & find out the details, together.

03/02/2009 01:53 AM
bejeweled
bejeweled  

I have always told whoever I was with that I had an STD. lol. No one has ever NOT slept with me because of it. My best friend on the other hand does not tell. She uses medication to control it and feels like things will be fine. If I did that I would live in fear everyday they would get it. And when they did, then what? They are going to look at me and I am going to what? There is no playing that off. Another friend of mine had unprotected sex for TWO years with her boyfriend who found out he was HIV positive. OMG! He didn't know ahead of time but the waiting for her results was just awful. She ended up being negative by some miracle. I just remember how I felt when I realized that I had an STD, even if you are safe sometimes it can be passed and I wouldn't want someone to not know ahead of time.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved