MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/27/2012 02:54 PM

Is Psychopathy a Sexually Transmitted Disease?

qnk8
qnk8Posts: 4

Hello.

In recent times I have made very tangible observations which indicate that psychopathy may be a

sexually transmitted disease, and feel the issue requires more attention.

I appreciate your response and help in this matter.

Thank you

04/29/2012 09:17 PM
PicturesquePsyche
PicturesquePsyche  

I'm not a doctor or scientist, but I truly don't believe psychopathy or psychosis is sexually transmitted. Usually psychosematic matters are hereditary, but sometimes they are simply developed. STDs are normally physical viruses that are transmitted through skin-to-skin contact or bodily fluids; mental issues have never to my knowledge been linked to physical transmission.

04/30/2012 11:30 AM
qnk8
qnk8Posts: 4

Hello Picturesque Psyche. Thank you for your reply. I do agree with what you said about psychosis. Psychopathy is different from psychosis however, in that it is a genetic physical disorder of the brain and nervous system that causes multiple negative personality characteristics. And from what modern science indicates, it appears more and more psychopathy may actually be caused from an ST virus.

Thanks again..

06/17/2013 11:45 PM
evelinawill
evelinawill  

hi - This is an old thread, but it caught my attention - First of Psychopathy is not a mental illness, it's just a subset of symptoms all put together under one "label". That is what the DSM-IV - DSM V is all about - you will see psychopathic tendencies in everyone (can be just one or two, out of the 40 hallmarks).

Psychopathy is a genetic disorder, whereas the individual lacks conscience and empathy. You can only inherit it and develop it if you are in the right environment. On a different note, psychopathy can be sexually transmitted (indirectly).

Yes it can, it has been proved in certain individuals that HIV and syphilis can induce psychopathy. (and probably other neurological infections as well) Luckily psychopaths are not all dangerous people -

I have had psychopaths close to me a large part of my life and know how they act, speak and react, this illness is largely genetic, there is a problem in the amygdala and cortex of the brain.

Al

Post edited by: evelinawill, at: 06/17/2013 11:50 PM

Post edited by: evelinawill, at: 06/17/2013 11:50 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved