MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/27/2010 05:18 PM

I'm new

creativeinsanity

I am joining several groups to communicate with people who know about or have experienced what I go through. I am ADHD, Bipolar II, have severe PTSD, I have insomnia, and can't figure out why I have no friends, or at least can't keep them. I am very intelligent, likeable, and not to toot my own horn but I am pretty. People are always approaching me because I am very friendly, funny, and fun. They all get scared off sooner than later (usually sooner) because I have no filter. I can't pick up on social cues, I give out WAY too much information way too soon. I have a lot of work to do.

02/27/2010 06:33 PM
HiddenButterfly
HiddenButterfly  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group. I think a lot of it is the same thing that I experienced when I was younger, people find it hard to believe someone could go through so much and still be able to function so well and be such a wonderful person. Whoever it was that showed you love and compassion at a very early age was a wonderful person. That is what has given you the resilience to pull through it all. If you ever need anything, let me know.

Brenda

02/27/2010 07:44 PM
creativeinsanity

Thank you again, Brenda

03/01/2010 06:33 AM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

Creative insanity, Welcome to the group. What you wrote about yourself is exactly how I was and am still at times. It takes time to learn how to handle social situations and being bipolar makes it especially hard. Just remember real friends will take you as you are. I know I have a hard time being friends because I never know how much I can share. Basically I have one best friend that knows everything about me and everyone else knows a version of me if that makes any sense. Just know you are always free to speak you mind on here and we will help you in any way we can.

Danielle

03/02/2010 08:34 AM
craznish

Hi, welcome to the group! I too have a hard time w the whole "friends" thing and know how confusing it can be! Smile

03/05/2010 12:03 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have the same problems as you. Someone said that I just let it all hang out. I guess that I do. I'm getting much better though. Call it experience and stability.

03/13/2010 05:18 PM
moparvixen
moparvixen  

We are so alike it's not funny! I'm not pretty but I'm not ugly or at least that's my opinion. I'd be prettier if I lost the 60 pounds I gained in the last 3 or 4 years.

I was raped when I was a child by my uncle and my family treated me like shit when it came out when I was 8 years old. That's when my bipolar started to surface. I was diagnosed manic depressive at 16 but never treated correctly. Everyone treated it as depression and I was on anti depressants. They worked for a little while and when they did my husband called them my "happy pills". They didn't control the harmful impulses,risk behaviors, or mood swings.

I make myself vulnerable by telling people TMI on my life and say things at inapproprate times. I've been real flurty with men even when I don't intend to. That's lead to affairs and even being raped in my own house outside of my daughter's bedroom by a co-worker. I think that's where a lot of my weight increase began. I gained almost 40 lbs in a year. I ate to deal with it. I went to counseling too but it wasn't enough. Ermm

I hope you feel comfortable enough to open up to me. I hope that I can help encourage you.

05/16/2010 04:23 PM
scoobydoo61
scoobydoo61  
I'm an Advocate

Welcome and Hello I hope you get the help you need here.

Ron

03/28/2011 01:10 PM
Zin

I totally understand. My family has always told me that I give out too much information. Of course, I think they do, too, but that's my perception. Friends...not something I hang on to a whole lot...well, not till I came to mdjunction. Before I gained so much weight, I was flirty, too, and showed off, and thought myself quite pretty. I was confident. But...150 pounds later...ugh! With me, I either talk way too much...which is the norm and even the circle at church doesn't seem to want much to do with me, or I don't talk enough. I know when I need to shut up, but it's like I just can't help myself.

If you ever wanna talk, feel free to pm or post, again!

Hugs,

Zin

12/03/2011 07:58 AM
cills40

listening to all of this is like describing myself. its amazing.ive never told anyone what truly goes on in my mind.im always battling with myself.if im nervous i talk too much giving out too much of my business to people who dont deserve my trust.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved