MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/06/2011 07:01 PM

I was abused...

karel6
karel6  

Hello, I'm Carol.

I will just tell you why I am here.

I was abused by a family member and also a family friend.

the family member and I had a very close, confusing relationship. They have passed away now and I am grieving a very complicated loss.

The family friend, I still talk to, but I am trying to stop. He still holds me to blame because I "wanted it".

that's all I will share for now.

I am already getting a lot out of reading the posts and idendetifying a lot.

Carol

03/06/2011 07:24 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

Mine was physical, not sexual, but my sister shannon who died was one of my biggest abusers, so I can indentify on greiveing a complicated loss. Why do you still feel the need to talk to the family friend? Can you expand on that a little? I'm so sorry you were put through all that, but i'm glad you recognize your in the right place Smile

03/07/2011 04:13 PM
maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Carol welcome to the group, I am sorry you had to endure that. I was sexual by my bio dad until I was 14 and then thrown out of the house and I am still told that it was my fault which of course it wasnt but I guess it helps them sleep at night. I was also wondering why you need to talk to the family friend? We are here for you and if you ever want to talk im just a pm away.

03/08/2011 01:18 PM
kittycat1
kittycat1  

Welcome to the group carol, I am sorry that happened to you. You will find this group very loving, open, and supportive. It must be very hard for you to go through that. i will keep you in my prayers as i know it is hard. I too was sexualy abused by a family member but except it was my uncle that i trusted so very much. I was only 3 the very first time. Take care and keep exploring the site. Smile

03/09/2011 05:55 AM
1magicman
1magicman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello carol welcome to the group. I hope you find this group very uplifting like i have over the years. We listen well and are very carring. Your not alone and it was not your fault this happen.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved