MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/09/2012 07:34 PM

My sisters therapist thinks our dad abused her....

pinksugar

Hello, out there in cyberspace. My sister(16) told me today that her therapist thinks that our dad sexually abused her. I can't even see our dad doing that. I mean he has his problems like any dad, but I can not see him doing such a horrible thing. She(my sister) also believes that he would never do it. I need to talk to someone and it is making me sick to think about it.

They think that it was around the time that she was 7 or 8. Is there anyway to prove that it happened? I know sexual abuse happens, but I worry that if it didn't happen that it will break my family apart. I hope this is a place I can talk about it. I just found this website. Please talk to me.

Sad

03/09/2012 07:41 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

First off, why does her therapist think that? I'm going to ask you some questions now that might seem inappropriate and harsh, but you can answer them in a pm and they are just for me to get a better picture on the situation. Does your sister hate to be touched? Does your sister engage in behavior with boys that's risky? One of the major ways ways to tell if something like that happened is when someone is eiether REALLY promiscious or if they can't stand being touched period. Has she/you had other trauma in your lives?

03/09/2012 07:56 PM
pinksugar

My sister is a total Daddys Girl. She always has been, well until a few days ago. She is a considered a bad girl, but I live in utah in a little communty. I just can't even think about my dad making my sister do those things.

My sister therapist took my sister in a "dream-state" about a time in my sisters life. The thing is my sister is alone with him(during the abuse) and she has a twin and they were joined at the hip. I am not saying it didn't happen. I worry because if this happened to her why wasn't I there to protect her. I am 4 years older then her and I have been there for her since day 1 and I have never even thought this could be a possiblity.

If you need more details let me know?

***My dad sorta physically abused my older sister. I usually kept away, it was like a punishment thing. If we got in trouble it was a spanking and with my older sister he was a little harder on. I don't mean like full on punching and broken bones. With my younger sister she got spanked a few times. We have alot of death in the family.

Post edited by: pinksugar, at: 03/09/2012 08:08 PM

03/10/2012 07:05 AM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

What I need to say here is that while we are always here for support, we are not professionals. We cannot give you a concrete answer.......i'm sorry.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved