MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2012 08:33 AM

Memories at home

scubagirl26
scubagirl26  

I have been remembering little by little of the abuse I suffered since October. Until last night, all of the memories emerged in therapy. Last night I had two new memories and they were both at home around midnight. I have eating disorders and this was very triggering for me. I managed to stay safe last night. Instead of eating I just laid on the couch and cried. Any suggestions of how to have memories outside of a therapeutic setting and feel the safest you can and what to do when then come? Thanks!

03/08/2012 08:38 AM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

Have a memories journal. when you have them, write it all down, then go and do something relaxing. but be concious of writing in the exact moment after it happens.......that way it can just be all out.

03/08/2012 08:39 AM
scubagirl26
scubagirl26  

I like that! Thanks I will try that!

03/08/2012 08:43 AM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

I do think the combination of journaling right after it happens and then doing something relaxing right after journaling will help you to deal with this, while still staying on your recovery.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved