MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/19/2011 11:33 PM

What's the deal?

GothicxTragedy
GothicxTragedy  

I was molested by my uncle, molested by a boy at day care, had incestual relationships with some of my family, got sexually harassed by a former boss and raped by my ex boy friend. How come it seems like once it happens it continues on? And how do I attract these kind of people? Is it me?

Post edited by: GothicxTragedy, at: 06/19/2011 11:35 PM

06/20/2011 08:39 AM
kittycat1
kittycat1  

Hey Gothicx,

It is never our fault for what happens to us. Dont feel discourage about it. It will get better. One day you are going to find a person that you will love with all your heart and it wont keep happening. This is just a stepping stone for you. People are just trying t make sure that you don't succeed. You have to make sure that you show them wrong. You are capable of doing what ever you what to do. Show them that strong person in you and tell them that you have had enough. It will get better trust me. IM sorry that it keeps happening to you. Take care hun ok!

~cat

06/20/2011 09:11 AM
maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I know it may feel like its you but trust me its not your fault. I like you have had been through alot in my

life with being sexually abused in different situations but I know it was never my fault. Now that im older I realize it just made me stronger and the woman I am today. It also made me appreciate the man that that came into my life who trully loves me. Please keep your head up and know that all you go through in life makes you the strong woman you are.

06/22/2011 02:13 AM
GothicxTragedy
GothicxTragedy  

Thank you Cat.

06/24/2011 09:42 PM
tiggerkenwood

I don't want to be the bad guy here, but it is my understanding that once a person is abused when they are a child they may unknowingly seek out the same type of person and that type of person seeks out them. Of course what these people did to you is not your fault. However, it might help to get counseling to see if you are following this particular pattern unwittingly.

06/24/2011 09:57 PM
GothicxTragedy
GothicxTragedy  

I am getting conseling.

06/24/2011 10:06 PM
GothicxTragedy
GothicxTragedy  

So you are saying that I unkowingly are attracting these people. It's been me the whole time? This is laughable at best.

06/25/2011 08:19 AM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

I don't think that's true......sure, certain people put out certain vibes, but if you are constantly running into men who prey on your lack of confidence, your vunerablity....it's still on THEM. All you can do is follow your gut and your head at the same time, and approach every situation with caution.

06/27/2011 03:50 AM
GothicxTragedy
GothicxTragedy  

Very wise words. Thank you for commenting.

06/27/2011 07:11 AM
maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I dont think that is true anyone who abusses another person weather they are men or woman are still in the wrong. All we can do is becareful who we interact with and follow our instincts. I was abused for a long time and now I have a great man who loves me and takes care of me who meet me in a wheelchair and still married me.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved