MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/22/2010 05:44 PM

Does rape feel anything like regular sex???

Maymama
Maymama  

I've been curious about what regular sex feels like lately

So I asked about it in another group and someone said I should still know what it feels like if I've been raped

Is that really what it feels like? I figure since people usually like sex it wouldn't feel the same

09/22/2010 07:19 PM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Rape is generally violent or quick with the rapist not stopping when we say no.

Sex is wonderful. It is slow and romantic and quite lovely. You would know the difference.

If you are saying no and still having sex, that is considered rape. My two cents

09/22/2010 10:21 PM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

Rape is often an act centered more on violence/domination than on sexual desire by the attacker.

Consentual sex is agreed on by both parties and is usally more of a desire for sexual gratification/experimentation by both or either.

Lovemaking is when both parties are just as or more interesting in pleasing their sexual partner/lover.

I think the 3 are different but can be confused or intermingled by confussion or mis-communication on the part of one or both partners.

Post edited by: cptblack, at: 09/22/2010 10:22 PM

Post edited by: cptblack, at: 09/22/2010 10:24 PM

09/23/2010 03:32 AM
Kym2010
Kym2010Posts: 150

After been sexually abused, did you lose your sexual feelings? Lost interest in sex that you have never had sex before ?

09/23/2010 11:19 AM
leandrat

No, in my personal thoughts on this I am married now to a wonderful man that understand my past

we have a WONDERFUL sex life and it is NOTHING like when I was raped by my father growing up

There is love

Connection

Passion

Caring

Tenderness

a safe feeling if you are in love!

NOTHING like rape

09/24/2010 09:49 AM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

I'm very sexual now. After my (Homo)sexual abuse I was confused for quite a while about sex. I was very young, like 9 -11 when it happened and when I tattled on him I was put on 'trial' by my parents, the abuser and his wife until I 'admitted' I was lying. So it had me wondering what was sexually right and wrong.

I've since learned that sex can be beautiful.

09/25/2010 09:43 AM
leandrat

OH cap. I did not know that part of the story isnt it sad what adults do when they dont listen to there babies, makes you feel lost even as an adult to whom around you that you can really trust, I am sure you have worked around alot of that by now but still sadness me to hear things like that I totally understand my mother is SITLL married to my step father even after catching him in he act !!! Sad and Sick

09/25/2010 05:01 PM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

If it only helps one person here feel better about themselves or understand they are not alone it was totally worth the retelling. And you have to realize some people will tell themselves anything to keep the Status Quo. People are totally capable of deluding themselfs.

I hold no grudge against Mom and Dad. I just fell sorry for them. What did they say at the Pearly Gates?

09/25/2010 06:10 PM
moonbroken

Being sexual with someone who actually cares about you and loves you in the right way is nothing like being rape or molested. They couldn't be more different.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved