MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2009 08:32 PM

Hello, new to the group

Amanda20

Well, I'll try not to make this to long. My name is Amanda( incase you havent guess lol) I am 20 years old and i was just "diagnosed" with "hypersexuality" and i am a Sex Addict. There are only 3 people i know who knows this about me. My therapist, my mother and on of my best friends. And now you all i guess lol. I was in denial for awhile i guess. I had suspicions for awhile but ignored them. I moved from FL to MS where my family is to get away from my problems there. I was depressed from it. I hated myself, and still do, for giving in all the time. I have "relationships" with older men, younger (but no minors), single , attached, etc etc. These compulsions i get, i haven't been able to fight, but now i am willing to try. I don't know what made me decide to join here. I guess i'm tired of feeling alone in this. Thanks for listening.

Amanda

03/31/2009 04:14 PM
superjoe

Congratulations on taking the first step! With God's help I hope you find strength to value yourself enough to know you are able to have meaningful relationships without being sexually active.

04/01/2009 07:55 AM
bayview5377
bayview5377  

Amanda,

there are AA-type groups you can join to get help: Sexaholics Anonymous (SA), Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA), Sexual Compulsives Anonymous (SCA), and Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA). If there are none of these near you, there are phone and online groups or you can go to an AA meeting - they will welcome you with open arms.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved