MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2010 08:04 AM

Today is a hard day....

cmfoster
cmfoster  

Today is my first Mother's Day since my separation. I saw my husband this morning when he took my son to practice baseball, he ignored me and said nothing to me. When he dropped my son off , he mumbled "Happy Mother's Day" and left. Just last year he went all out for the day. The lack of emotion from him was hard. I actually thought he might get me a card from the boys or something. I guess I really need to have no expectations from here on out and get use to things being like this. We had been getting along better recently. He is with another woman who has a child and I guess he will celebrate the day with her. I'm having a hard time not thinking about that......

05/09/2010 09:05 AM
FatherKarras
FatherKarras  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

He might be hurting, too. Guys are more prone to bottling stuff up, but often leave the top off, so it oozes out--the mumbled happy mother's day, the seeming apathy, could just be an attempt to hide his true feelings.

Maybe not, but from what you described it certainly seems possible.

05/09/2010 05:05 PM
Curlupandie
CurlupandiePosts: 280

Remember that mothers day is about your children. Its about nurturing your child and helping them become strong independant ppl. When your child is older he or she will be able to celebrate the day with you. Your ex did make an effort even if only small. Try to think of the good things and not reflect too much on the bad. Its hard I know as my ex has a new woman as well. Happy mothers day.

Curlupandie Smile

05/09/2010 06:51 PM
cmfoster
cmfoster  

Thanks for the feedback..feeling a bit better now. This is a rough patch for me, my 11th wedding anniversary is next Saturday. I just need to get through this next week. FatherKarras, thanks for the male perspective. I guess I was being unrealistic.

05/15/2010 01:53 PM
cmfoster
cmfoster  

My wedding anniversary is today. I feel numb, just wanting the day to be over. This time next year there will be no marriage. It feels weird letting the day pass without acknowledging it.

05/16/2010 01:30 AM
Curlupandie
CurlupandiePosts: 280

I too recently passed the date of my anniversary, to be honest it did feel a bit weird but now that im passed most of the pain I look forward to the future. Its a new begining, a new chapter and this is what life is all about. Changing, adapting and most of all embracing life. Try to think of the positive and hang in there.

Curlupandie

Smile

05/16/2010 02:45 AM
FatherKarras
FatherKarras  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Mine was in Feb. I barely thought of it. I'm systematically blocking as much of her out of my life as I can. Her birthday is in August, so that's the next one I have to work through. Even when we were piss-broke, I always made sure she got something.

05/16/2010 03:54 AM
cmfoster
cmfoster  

I know what you mean. He did not acknowledge the day or comment about it .I did see him as he sees the kids on week-ends. I'm glad the day is over. Valentine's Day, Mother's day and our anniversary were the tough ones for me.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved