MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/21/2012 01:04 PM

Hi

momtothreeboys

I am from Canada my youngest of three (boys). Age 5 has autism. Sensory regulation is huge in helping him get through each day. I use a very strict sensory diet plus I have been doing brushing therapy for him since October.

See you on the boards

05/21/2012 01:31 PM
mem9093

I'm so glad you're here too! You seem to have a great understanding of your son's sensory needs. You are doing a great job mama.

Would you mind sharing some of the activities you do for his sensory diet? I am always looking for new ideas...

05/22/2012 07:45 AM
zaylia
zaylia  

Sounds like you have helped him be pretty comfortable in his own skinSmile wonderful! And if you don't mind I'd love to hear details tooSmile

05/22/2012 04:21 PM
momtothreeboys

Thanks for the welcomes have either of you looked at the super duper site I just got gorilla yoga & therapy ball activities fun decks

I love these they gave tons of ideas on them. I am thinking of getting the sensory diet ones next plus some more social & speech decks

I bought most of their iPad apps too which have been on sale lately. I try to address all areas proprioception, vestibular,tactile,auditory,

Visual & oral motor.

05/24/2012 03:02 PM
zaylia
zaylia  

No, I havnt heard of those apps. Are they only for kids?

They sound really great! Glad theyre helpful for you Smile

05/24/2012 04:59 PM
mem9093

I checked it out yesterday. They have some really great stuff on there! My daughter is a bit too young yet for the activity cards, but I may order some anyway. Wink. I think it's only for kids as far as the sensory stuff goes, but I could be wrong...

05/25/2012 05:22 AM
zaylia
zaylia  

It probably is for kids. But, I don't need stuff as much anymore anyways haha. My O.T. assigned with the school is going to look into what info they have on SPD for me though Smile

That is so exciting though that they have apps like that out!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved