MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/16/2012 11:50 AM

Which comes first...?

AsianGoddess

I don't know which comes first. Anxiety (and my over-thinking of my thoughts to the death) and then I indulge in self-harm or I zone-out and shut down my emotions to self-harm and then become anxious about life progressively? Am I anxious that's why I self-harm or do I become anxious because I self-harm? Maybe both?

I'm working on letting go of things I have no control over like the past, like my parent's behavior, like my son's biological parent, etc. I'm finally learning to accept the things I can't change and quit worrying about it. Or at least, I'm starting to develop that attitude. Who knows?

05/17/2012 05:17 AM
Torres15
Torres15  
VIP Member

Anxiety seems to be one thing but SI, for me is more because of depression.

05/17/2012 06:18 AM
angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

For me its when i get triggered, when i get upset over something and the emotions is so overwhelming that it feels like my heart is actually aching. i just want to stop it, stop the pain and thats when i cut

05/17/2012 08:42 AM
inrepair76

For me it's all the anxiety that comes first and my thoughts are racing a mile a min and I need something to hyper focus on and I want some physical manifestation of the pain in my head. As sometimes it's triggered

By anxiety over feeling like I failed at something and needing to stop that anxiety and punish myself at the same

Time. So for me anxiety is definietly my trigger

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved