MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/23/2011 12:35 PM

scar treatment

discovery3
discovery3  

I am really tying to sop cutting for the sake of my children. I hate lying to them about the cuts and scars on my arm. I have never had any deep enough to need stitches but under certain lights, the small white evidence of my "habit" are visible. Has anyone tried maderma? After I cut I usually feel guilty and rush to get neosporine.Still, I would love to hide the evidence if it is possible. I also find that when I look at the scars I remember the relief cutting brings. If I can put the idea out of my head, I know I will have a better chance of overcoming self harm.

10/23/2011 01:00 PM
peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

maderma works very well for scars. It definately is a long term trial so it takes a great deal of patience and time to finally see results but you still get great ones if you follow the instructions. Bio-oil was another one that helps and cocoa butter.

10/23/2011 01:09 PM
ForeverChanging
ForeverChanging  

Neo helps...makeup though temporary helps and you could try the stretch marks cream i used when preg. It helped with old stretch marks and they really did lighten or go away. Its the one in the white tube with the drawing of a woman with a preg belly. Sorry dont remember the name. Of course the solution for future marks is not to cut but thats kinda obviouse, right Wink. Sometimes when im having urges to harm my scars can trigger but otherwise they have been helpful in reminding me all I hate about it and how far ive come. You can also use a red pen as an alternative to cutting in the future. Its in my diary under "the magic red pen". really has helped me.

10/23/2011 11:17 PM
stand2endure
stand2endure  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have a lot of old scars on my arms and legs. I have heard about the bio-oil on a tv commercial.

Thanks all for the tip on the others as well.

s2e Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved