MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/29/2011 07:42 AM

Trying to process before I SSI!

AsianGoddess

Date: 8/29/2011

Start time: 9:31 am

End time: 9:37 am

Process: I am excited yet nervous, anxious and fearful about the speech I'm giving this Wednesday. I'm suppose to be funny at the humorous speech contest, what if I bomb? I thought there would be a funny angle with the topic about how scary it is to take prescribed medications because of the side-effects. But what if I can't deliver and people don't laugh?

I think if I research my topic enough though, I might be able to pull it off. People have said I am funny at times. I think I am when I don't try to hard to be funny. I'm one of those accidental funny people. I don't know if I can choreograph funny and pull it off.

I do know that I'm just joining this contest for fun. My prize is facing my fears about speaking in front of people - not winning! If I'm able to do that, then I've met my agenda. Although, for once, I'd love to move up the contest. I have moved past the club contest and the area contest but the competition just gets tough each time, I've never been able to move past regional where you compete with different clubs from other states! Oh well, there's always a first time, and who knows, I might get lucky this time!

--- The discussion has been locked ---

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved