MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/12/2011 07:04 PM

Friendly Reminder for our posts

peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

Hello everybody, I hope all of you are having an awesome day and are feeling happy and in control these days. I want you all to remember that we are here to support eachother and give advice on how we can cope to make it through this addiction of self injury.

Now with that said I want to remind everyone that one of the ways we support everyone is to make sure our posts need to be what I like to call "PG rated". With all of us at different stages in our recovery some of us react differently to our struggling stories so to help those that are still very sensitive we need to remember that the title needs to say "Trigger Warning" in it if you are describing anything that can be considered graphic or not "PG rated". Words like cutting, choking, burning, hitting etc used in reference to ourselves is considered a trigger.

Remember how the movies were rated back in the 50's and 60'sTongue that is the type of content I think best describes what our public posts should be. Another example would be, is it appropriate for someone under ten to read? If not than it needs to have the warning for all of us.

So thank you all for reading and I don't want you to thing badly about your recent posts, I just know that we have some newer members and every so often a reminder is sent out just incase some of us don't knowWink

Keep posting and I personally look forward to hearing from you more often cause I have missed you all!! You can always PM me if you need to, to tell a story that needs more graphic explanation. I know some of us need to talk, and for myself none of these things bother me so I am happy to listen to anything that you need to say that is too explicit to put in the public forumsCool

Thanks a bunch

Alicia

08/13/2011 11:36 AM
mollymae2002
mollymae2002  

Thanks alicia. Thats why i havent been on to posting or to read any of the poata cause it was hurting me more... thanks for being a friend...

08/13/2011 05:43 PM
peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

Your welcome Amy, that is what friends are for Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved