MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/24/2010 06:56 AM

phyc ward?? yes or no??

loveIsAlive

so i have been very strongly considering going to the phyc ward i know i need help and thx to my health insurance they wont pay for a decewnt theripist i fear thier tho. o fear ill get thier b in a better invorment and thier for i get better then i come home and im back into a bad envor.ent and i fall back into old habits. i also dont like athority very much so if i have to do everything that they say when it comes to healinh i will have an issue becouse im not that way i have bin raised as independent to people.but i need the help and i know i do ill also feel week if i go becouse i wasnt able to do it without it. i em spose to go into a full phyc eval as soon as insurance ok it.... but that can take up to 12 weeks. any suggestions on what i should??

03/24/2010 07:09 AM
slamm311
slamm311  
VIP Member

Are you on your parents insurance? If you are have you tried calling the customer number off the back of their card? They really help out with getting you info on which doctors are in your network.

That's how I did it. They gave me a website full of useful information.

I know you've said before that you would rather just get couseling so try doing that first if you really, really feel strongly against being admitted. Try that. Keep us posted.

*Hugs*

Jenny

03/24/2010 10:14 AM
cmany
cmany  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

OK

So big fear is that when you return - you will be back in a bad environment.

You can make a choice to change. You can make a choice not to allow that bad stuff effect you. You can make these choices. And as far as the way things are with your parents, make it very clear, that you are NOT the only one who needs help.

You will have a chance to tell others that there are many issues in the home that contribute to your issues. And that you fear if they dont change, then your progress is for what. Now if your parents dont want to change....

Then you cannot make that your problem. Simply remind them - I went away to get better - and I did - but YOU have yet to commit to making changes and making things better.

As far as being independent and concerned about following rules. Sweetie, you have to let that go. You are in a place right now, that being independent is not working 100%. They establish rules for a reason...

We ALL need rules and boundaries. That is how we function in life...sure they can be strict in the beginning, but it is a means for helping YOU to learn to control yourself.

As you progress, often the rules loosen, as they can see that you are making progress, and are controlling yourself, and finding other means of coping...

Its not about taking away or breaking your independent spirit...its about learning to be that person, in a healthy and functional way...

03/24/2010 10:18 AM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Have you considered going through the ER? They will usually take people right away based on the severity of the problem. Waiting 12 weeks for an intake is crazy and not acceptable. You need help now. Check into insurance to see what the days are given to you as well as hospitals you can go to with doctors listed. You should be able to get in right away. Go the ER route if all else fails.

03/24/2010 04:26 PM
loveIsAlive

??? i do not know if i em on it or not sorry. the er way sounds alot simpler to me. i know i need to follow the rules and all of that. i worrie about them. i thank u all for ur advic i em mostlikly going to go thier. but i do not know for shore..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved