MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/07/2012 03:48 PM

Seizure - Sick

IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
Group Leader

Well today I am sick I think.

I have a wet cough so that would explain the seizures yesterday I think. For some reason when I get sick I have more seizures.

Also, I might have had one at work today but I am not sure.

I have been saying things that are completely wrong so either I had a seizure or I need to stop the seizure medications. I kept saying that I had to prepare Thanksgiving songs. I told my sister and she kept correcting me but I still kept saying it which scares me. Also, I told someone that my sister was a junior is college and she is a freshman in college. I also kept thinking it was Friday. Anyone could do that one but the others scare me. These are things that I must know but for some reason I am not understanding what is so on. This is not all but it is all I can remember now.

Also, right now I am cold AND hot and shaking like crazy.

I have seizures and I don't know they happen. It scares me because someone will say that I just had one and I HAVE NO CLUE.

I cannot afford to have another seizure at work because I am SURE I will lose my job.

I really believe that being sick increases my number of seizures.

At the moment I am so scared.

What do you think?

My Neurologist said that if I get sick that I might have more seizures. She said that the medication is absorbed (wrong word but I cannot think) differently.

She told me to call out when I am sick just in case I have a seizure.

I am a teacher so I am in charge of 22 to 28 kids at a time. I can NOT have a period where I lose consciousness while the kids are there.

I am not sure if I should stop the Tegretol.

I am in so much pain right and very on edge.

What do you think?

I was doing SO well. I get sick a lot because I have Lupus.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

03/09/2012 07:32 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
Group Leader

Flu for a few days now

living hell

haven't kept fluids down in a few days

03/11/2012 08:56 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
Group Leader

I think the flu is TRYING to pass but I cannot keep the seizure meds down so I am having them constantly

I am going to call the doctor tomorrow

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved